So.Cal Fire Pic- A must see

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Mark R O, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Mark R O

Mark R O Stunt Coordinator

This is on the ridge of the canyon that the Crestline/Lake Arrowhead/Cedar Park/Big Bear fire started in. A couple of minutes later a 150 to 200 ft. wall of flame roared up over the edge. The firefighters (12,000) that saved our so many of our homes and did their best for others are true heros in every sense. The pilot of this plane must clang when he walks.
    [​IMG]

2. AllanN

AllanN Supporting Actor

Cool, pic I hope they nail the bastard that started the fire.

3. Mario Bartel

Mario Bartel Stunt Coordinator

That pic is actually from September, 2002, not the most recent fires.

4. Mark R O

Mark R O Stunt Coordinator

That figures. It's in sequence with other helicopter and bomber pics of the initial defense of the Arrowhead Rim of the World area. Thanks for letting me know!

5. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

Nice pic. Still, the most stunning footage I've seen was news video from last year that showed an aerial tanker making a drop in Northern California. As it pulled up, both wings just snapped right off and the plane tumbled into the woods.

6. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

The text message from Flea, the bassist for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, was succinct: His home "had burnt to a crisp."

Michael Balzary, a.k.a. Flea, purchased the 2,700-square-foot home in the hills above the ocean last year. The house had been listed for $10.5 million and featured a huge lawn and two-bedroom guesthouse.