So Cal DIY'ers! Can you help?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lewis Besze, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

I need help from those who possibly live close by, in Southern California[LA,Orange,Riverside counties]I live in Riverside.
    I currently have a dual Pr box with 15" holes on it.
    I need it to retrofit it for 2 18" prs as I'm thinking to get the Tumult driver to replace my BP 1503,though even that driver could be better off with the Stryke 18s then the current Adire 15s.
    I don't have the tools,nor the "means"[not much of a handyman myself] to do this job,so anyone who could help me out would be well appreciated![name your price![​IMG]].
    I can bring the box to you if needed.
    Please let me know,thanks in advance!

2. Lewis, I can't help you directly, but if you have "access" to a router, a rabbit bit, and a patterning bit, then you can EASILY do it on your own.
    Easy= if you can change router bits, and can use a ruler and a calculator for 1 very easy calculation, then you are good to go[​IMG]
    If you get no takers, and are in no rush, then I might be able to help you out.
    (BTW, I have a new sub setup and re-did the room since last you came over...interested in a mini gathering with a couple other locals?)

3. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

Thanks Anthony!
    No I don't have the tools you mentioned,so I guess I need your help "directly".
    I was helping the guy who built this box but merely as 'apprentice" clamp boy.[​IMG]
    No I'm not terebly in a hurry,I was thinking in a few weeks or so.
    Yes I'm interested in a small gathering,are you still at the UCI apts?

4. Still at the UCI apartments. Same place except my HT/office/bedroom is now a HT/Office [​IMG] ...so the room got re-arranged and this time I properly EQ'd the sub.
    If I was to help you on the box, it wouldn't be till after my papers and tests are done. ..so You'd be looking at mid december. This might be a little longer than you want, but I am more of a last resort for you rather than a first [​IMG]

5. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

Ok,as long as before Christmass,but if anyone else can do it before that would be awesome.I wonder If I should order the Stryke pr now before the Tumult deal is over,I would need it for the actual cut out size?
    So when you goonna have your mini gathering?
    What kinda sub you have now?
    Shoot me a PM.

6. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

Yeah Anthony when will you be having a socal gathering...

So Lewis.. all you need to do is cut some holes in a box?

If I was you I would "rent" a jigsaw from home depot. Then draw a circle with a pencil, and just cut along the line.

Cut slightly on the inside of the circle and then use rough sand paper to match the circle. I made a couple holes this way as it turned out very well if you have a steady hand.

7. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

8. Didn't know it already had laminate. It can still be done, but if you want a flushmount, the accuracy (read: no gap) of the flush mount will be partially dictated by the availible rabbit sizes.

9. Craig Woodhall

Craig Woodhall Supporting Actor

In regards to ordering the PR's.. I talked to John J and he told me that the price on the 18's is going up to regular price ($150 i think)after the Tumult preorder is finished. I already ordered two to save some bucks, i suggest you do the same..

Craig