So...are you mixing-in your HD discs with your SD-DVDs?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Mike Frezon, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris Screenwriter

Two-or-three times in any given year, I "lose" a CD or DVD or Blu-Ray - meaning I am unable to find it, despite my best attempts to remain as organized as possible. Usually, when I eventually find the "lost" item, I realize I was too clever by half, in terms of squeezing the item into such a small space that I completely forget the space was ever available in the first place. Right now I am unable to find the slim-case DVD of Ronin (from the Frankenheimer box set), which I would like to switch to a double slim-case to also hold the new Blu-Ray.

2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Out of curiosity, why would you want to hold onto that Ronin DVD?

3. Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris Screenwriter

Habit - as I mentioned I like to (try to) stay organized, so I would like to file the BR, but I do not want to hastily discard the DVD until I have confirmed (to my own satisfaction) that there is not any material missing from the BR that was on the DVD.

4. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    I was just wondering as I had that same DVD, but discarded it once I confirmed that Arrow's BD had Frankenheimer's audio commentary and the rest of the Bonus Material on it.

5. AshJW

AshJW Supporting Actor

Thomas
    I never had many VHS, just nine films (Star Wars, Alien and Beatles) and some music VHS (clips and/or live stuff).

My DVDs and BDs are separated (with one exception*) just out of space reasons.

*The one exception is my favorite genre: Westerns.
    The reason is also very simple: Some of the Koch BDs are in book form with the height of a DVD-case, so I mingled the BDs with the DVDs as I needed the height fit for DVDs in the shelf anyway.

Brent Reid likes this.
  6. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

All of my DVDs went into binders when I moved into a small apartment circa 2012-2013, and the cases were boxed up and went into storage. I just didn't have the room or the shelf space at the time to have them all out. And then when I moved to a larger dwelling a couple years later, I left the DVDs in the binders. So only my Blu-Rays are on display, currently.