What's new

So are there any Red Elvises fans on the forum? (1 Viewer)

Chauncey_G

Second Unit
I got into these guys as a result of their work on the Six String Samurai soundtrack (which I highly recommend), and have subsequently been able to see them twice live. The first time I saw them, it was all four of them and I got them all to sign my copy of the Six String soundtrack :). The second time I saw them, they'd lost Avi (their drummer) but they still rocked.
A great band that has a fantastic sense of humor running through all of their songs. And you can't beat that Russian folk/Surf guitar sound they've got going!
I haven't had a chance to pick up their latest albums, so I don't have a complete collection yet, but so far my favorite album's got to be "I Wanna See You Bellydance".
So, again, any other fans out there?

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Strange that you bring that up. I have barely heard them but my really good friend heard them at some festival and bought their album. What I did hear I liked, but that is as far as I went. I don't believe that was the response you were hoping for, but at least now you know somebody on this forum at least knows of them.

Rick Deschaine

Stunt Coordinator
Chauncey,

An emphatic yes. I saw them for the first time in Austin just after SXSW last year and then saw them again here in Denver. A very enthusiastic, talented, enjoyable band. I too really enjoyed "I wanna see you bellydance" live.

Can't wait to see them again. The only other surf band I enjoy more than them is 'Los Straitjackets".

Later, Rick

Chauncey_G

Second Unit
WooHoo! I'm not alone after all! "Los Straitjackets", huh? I'll have to take a look around for them.

Thanks for the reply!

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
Count me as another fan. I also got into them because of Six-String Samurai. I bought their Bellydance cd, it's pretty good, but not as good as the SSS soundtrack.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks