What's new

So, any thing new up with classic Dic cartoons DVD? (1 Viewer)

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
I was sure we'd have more popular favorites like Thundercats and He-Man completely out on DVD before seeing smaller stuff like these shows, but this is pretty cool. I didn't realize how much I wanted C.O.P.S until they announced it. Hopefully it's a well-produced release. And I'll definitely be getting The Legend of Zelda this week. Not sure about Super Mario Brothers (it's been delayed anyway though, hasn't it? It's not coming out the week after anymore as originally announced, as far as I know). Would really like Sonic SatAM soon too.

Joe:C

Second Unit
I haven't seen anything about V2 yet. Shout has been getting these sets out pretty quickly so maybe we'll see it next summer (just a guess).

Richard_Gregory

Second Unit
You can get a full set of Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors in r2 - in France.

I don't know whether it has an English soundtrack though.

Easy enough to order via Amazon.fr...

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I think that is in French only but I am not certain, I remember looking into it a while back and didn't get it for some reason.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Just read the first review (that I've seen) of the Mario set. The reviewer calls the transfer "soft and grainy," but as good as you'll get with it. A few 80s songs are missing due to rights issues (but they were never in syndication or previous home video releases either), but "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" is included in the Cyndi Lauper episode (so you can sleep well tonight knowing that). All opening sequences and commercial bumpers are included, as are the Zelda ads promoting Friday's show.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=20063

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member

Let's see if King Features Syndicate steps in and tries to claim part ownership and withhold production like they've illegitametly done with the Popeye films...

Reed N

Auditioning

Actually, all the 80's songs were present on previous VHS releases (not any of the recent R1 DVD versions, although one was left in on a Super Mario 3 episode on the "King Koopa Katastrophe" compilation) and all 80's songs are also present on the recent Region 2 DVD releases of the show, which also have some cool retro, NES-era Super Mario artwork.

Unfortunately, the R2 DVD releases--while complete, audially, are missing most of the episodes. Therefore, importing isn't really much of an alternative. If only there was a way to have the best of both worlds....

Joe:C

Second Unit
Tvshowsondvd.com has posted a story related to more DIC cartoons. It seems that DIC has reacquired rights to several of their properties. Now we know why MASK hasn't been released yet.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
I'm actually curious if we'll ever see classic Strawberry Shortcake out on DVD. My girl is a BIG fan and I'd love to see it out myself as I have fond memories of the specials.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Interesting news... I'd really like to see the original Dennis The Menace series released to DVD. It's among my most wanted (with the recently announced Captain N) of the not yet issued DIC properties!

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
I know on the site that they said Fox is taking over the Inspector Gadget cartoon distribution, but did Shout/Dic totally abandon releasing any more Heathcliff?

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks