What's new

So, Aberdeen Maryland? (1 Viewer)

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Wow, Sam - so glad you are ok. I know exactly what you are talking about with pulling the sensors down - what should be a a very simple and straightforward task. Let us know how you are doing.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
It's Obama's fault. Just kidding I'm sure it was someone at UV who sabotaged your house. Glad you're ok.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Sorry to hear you are going through this. When it comes to ladders and electricity, I hire someone to do the work, which granted is hard to do on a Sunday during the Superbowl. But I'm a big guy, too, and the last thing I want to do is break my back because of a fall. I hope you get better soon.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Oh my god, I just caught up with two things here-- that incredible desk, and your getting knocked on yer ass by a jolt of joy juice. Holy crap! That is some scary stuff, man.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the great Aberdeen Chicken Debate:
During Monday's meeting, Aberdeen Mayor Mike Bennett said he wants to put an end to his city's great poultry debate once and for all.Several residents have been begging the city council to allow those who live in Aberdeen to own and raise chickens, and perhaps other poultry.Council members, meanwhile, continue to call the concept a danger to health, property values and taxpayers' pocketbooks.Councilwoman Sandra Landbeck even warned it could mean the demise of Aberdeen Proving Ground, and advised the council to ask the Army for its view on the chicken proposition.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/harford/aberdeen-havre-de-grace/ph-ag-aberdeen-chickens-update-0507-20140505,0,7568362.storyRead more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/harford/aberdeen-havre-de-grace/ph-ag-aberdeen-chickens-update-0507-20140505,0,7568362.story#ixzz30xYvDydN

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I will put in a custom patio down the road I hope. The good news is I didn't have to settle for their decking, I could go deck or patio at my whim.
Sam

So 3 years and 3 weeks later and we are halfway there. I ummmm, well mighta gone a little overboard. :)

Deck
by Sam Posten III, on Flickr

I went and had a 14'x14' Deck installed and am having a stamped concrete patio built that is about the same size. The deck is done as you see above, but when I went shopping for the furniture to put on it I became obsessed with two different ones, and one is perfect for the patio which is waiting for the weather to clear.... But this is Costco, so when you find something you want you don't wait, you get it ASAP.

Untitled
by Sam Posten III, on Flickr

Safe n sound by Sam Posten III, on Flickr

You probably saw my threads on Sunsetters and outdoor speakers. Both of those are on order too, as is a big ass umbrella and heavy duty umbrella stand.

Bring on summer!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Awesome! Look forward to pics of the patio, too.

I found my deck furniture on seasonal closeout at Sears. Got lucky to find it, since it the only stuff I'd found that I particularly liked and it was a good price.

Have you got that Weber on the deck now? :)

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
I made the mistake of using my Weber charcoal kettle grill on my new composite deck a few years ago, and a small coal must've fallen out and melted into a board. Had to replace a 12 foot plank.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks