What's new

Snowpiercer (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Just saw an ad for the series on TNT, premiers in may, didn’t catch the date. Maybe it’s time for me to watch the movie, which I heard was pretty good, to prime myself for the series.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just saw an ad for the series on TNT, premiers in may, didn’t catch the date. Maybe it’s time for me to watch the movie, which I heard was pretty good, to prime myself for the series.

Really enjoyed the movie. It's quite excellent. Yes, you should see it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Interesting movie.

It's from Bong Joon-Ho the Director of PARASITE.

His movies are pretty f-ing awesome. SNOWPIERCER is excellent as is TRAIN TO BUSAN which is a fantastic disease spreading Zombie movie.

After seeing PARASITE, someone told me to watch is other films and those mentioned above really blew me away.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
He obviously has a deep concern with class structure.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It's from Bong Joon-Ho the Director of PARASITE.

His movies are pretty f-ing awesome. SNOWPIERCER is excellent as is TRAIN TO BUSAN which is a fantastic disease spreading Zombie movie.

After seeing PARASITE, someone told me to watch is other films and those mentioned above really blew me away.
I’ve seen Train, and liked it.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I believe it premieres on my brother's birthday - May 17.

Looks like the movie is on Netflix. Watching it sounds like a good idea.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
So we watched Snowpiercer. It’s a well made and well acted movie, but jeez, it is a downer. There’s maybe 10 seconds of hope in the film.

If you watch this film, first thing you should do is get over how rediculous it is that the last of humanity can only survive on a train the circles the globe and never stops. If you can’t get over that, don’t bother to watch.

There will have to be changes if the series is going to find an audience. Perhaps commentary on social inequality will far outweigh action. I don’t know.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Oh, I forgot to ask a question. There’s a moment where we see what the protein bars are made of, but neither myself or my wife could make it out. What where the bars made of?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If you watch this film, first thing you should do is get over how ridiculous it is that the last of humanity can only survive on a train the circles the globe and never stops. If you can’t get over that, don’t bother to watch.
Agreed. I could not get past the ridiculousness, so I really didn't care much about the rest of the film.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
So we watched Snowpiercer. It’s a well made and well acted movie, but jeez, it is a downer. There’s maybe 10 seconds of hope in the film.

If you watch this film, first thing you should do is get over how rediculous it is that the last of humanity can only survive on a train the circles the globe and never stops. If you can’t get over that, don’t bother to watch.

There will have to be changes if the series is going to find an audience. Perhaps commentary on social inequality will far outweigh action. I don’t know.

It has been awhile, but my recollection is that the only perpetual engine in existence is aboard Snowpiercer, it isn't so much the train itself as it is the energy generated by the engine that keeps some remnant of humanity alive. Wilford should have used the technology to create settlements where humanity could survive, but that would have been a different film.

- Walter.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It has been awhile, but my recollection is that the only perpetual engine in existence is aboard Snowpiercer, it isn't so much the train itself as it is the energy generated by the engine that keeps some remnant of humanity alive. Wilford should have used the technology to create settlements where humanity could survive, but that would have been a different film.

- Walter.
Yes, it would have been a different film. They made a creative choice to go with a train.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
To be clear Bong Joon-Jo did NOT direct Train To Busan. Sang-Ho Yeon did.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks