What's new

Snowman (Jerry Reed) has passed (1 Viewer)

mylan

Screenwriter
I could have just as well posted this in the movies forum but since his first love was music I felt this forum would be more appropriate.
I saw "Smokey And The Bandit" more times than I care to remember and have had "East Bound And Down" stuck in my head for days afterward, come on admit it, you all have too.

"Snowman..out", R.I.P. Jerry

'Bandit' star Reed dies at 71 - CNN.com

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
Sad to hear this. Not a good day- first I hear about Don LaFontaine, then Jerry Reed. :frowning:

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
For fans of country music, this is a major loss. Mr. Reed was a first class guitar player (even recording a CD with Chet Atkins) and was an accomplished songwriter as well.

Among his generation of performers he was exceedingly popular and seemed to be a good friend of everyone in Nashville.

One of my favorite Reed cuts plays on XM radio quite a bit: "Boys of 44" which is a tribute to the Greatest Generation vets.

RIP

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i don't listen to "country" music but occosionally i'll being scanning the channels on xm and i'll hear Jerry and will leave it on to listen.

This makes me sad.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
He is one of my favorite country artists and true country at that. Unfortunately, he disappeared from the scene after the whole pop-country thing kicked in to high gear.

For years I wanted to see him live, but his touring became more and more rare as the years went by and he rarely came anywhere near me and then he finally stopped all together. I'm planning on seeing Dale Watson this Friday, and since a large portion of his set is generally reserved for classic country covers, I'm hoping that he adds some Jerry to his set.

R.I.P.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Well, I saw Dale Watson on Friday night.

He came on stage and said "A bad thing happened this week" and then proceeded to rip through "Amos Moses" and "East Bound and Down". It was an excellent show. If you're not familiar with Dale, check him out online. He calls himself Ameripolitan because he's so embarassed by modern country music. He sings country in the vain of Merle, Johnny, Willie, Waylon, etc... as well as doing many cover songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samtbax
Recent bookmarks