What's new

Snowball Express?!? It Figures!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Aaron_Brez

Supporting Actor
I was browsing the Disney website, on the off chance that they were going to release Snowball Express on DVD sometime soon. It's a special favorite of my wife's, and I'm always on the lookout.

To my shock, it came out last April (how the heck did I miss it?).

To my dismay, it was released Full Frame only! This kills me.

Why can these studios not release movies in their OAR? I know they are all about being a business, but can't they make some vague attempt at acknowledging these films as art which should not be tarnished by cropping or adding extraneous image?

Sorry. Needed to vent there.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what OAR was on this film? I doubt it was 2.35:1, since most Disney flicks of the time (1972) were shot flat at 1.85:1. But I'm curious if anyone has a definitive answer. IMDB is silent on the matter.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Why can these studios not release movies in their OAR? I know they are all about being a business, but can't they make some vague attempt at acknowledging these films as art which should not be tarnished by cropping or adding extraneous image?
In this case, I doubt even Disney considers this film to be "art". Just something to put on the shelves for parents to buy for kids. Didn't think it would have much appeal beyond that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.