What's new

Snow White to hit Blu-ray SEVEN WEEKS before the DVD (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ Yeah but $250 is only the MSRP. You'll probably be able to get it for about $175 so I can't see how she'd have a problem then.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I never paid that much for one movie except on 35mm film.

At least you have a choice between expensive knick-knacks or not, unlike WB with Gone With The Wind, Wizard of Oz, and Casablanca.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
I haven't paid that kind of price on optical media since laserdisc box sets. Am I really getting new information that I didn't get in the original Snow White LD box set?

I do however spend that kind of money on 16mm when absolutely necessary.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
That box set probably doesn't even come out here, so I can't even buy it. I wouldn't buy it anyway, the price is way too high for something like that.

Shad R

Supporting Actor
But the price includes a coupon for a meet and greet with Walt Disney after they unfreeze his head. That's worth $250 right?

Brian L

Senior HTF Member

Am I the only one that thinks this is perhaps one of the Dumbest Ideas Ever?

I will give Disney props for trying everything under the sun to get the buying public to embrace BluRay (Digital Copies, DVD's in the BR Box), but I see two outcomes here.

No one here will buy a BR in a DVD box, even if the contents of the box is the same.

And the non-enthusiast (the real target for this) that has not yet gone Blu is going to return the damn thing (as Bryan suggested) when they realize that they can not play 2 of the 3 discs.

Brian

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
What's next? The glass coffin edition?
or how about packaging the DVD with a box of apples? This is just silly. The sick side of me thinks it would have been cool to package the box set in a replica of the box the Huntsman is supposed to bring Snow White's heart back in; in poor taste, maybe, but cool.

Bryan Beckman

Second Unit
Actually, a tie-in rebate with Seneca apple juice would be pretty clever, and not too far out of character for Disney, which has had some interesting food tie-ins with their previous platinum/SE releases.

Let's see, it was animal crackers for The Jungle Book, Nature's Harvest bread for Sleeping Beauty, Minute Maid juice for SB/WALL-E/Prince Caspian/Tinker Bell, and peanut butter(?) for Pinocchio.

I'd give Disney major props for being clever and gutsy enough to actually go through with it.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Good lord; I just found out about that Snow White and her Big Box of Junk release, as pictured above. In terms of over-priced bells and whistles, I think Snow White wins the award, hands down. I think I'll start referring to it as the "Poison Apple Edition."

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Well, normally I would be first in line to buy re-releases of Wizard of Oz and Gone With the Wind, but they are both only going to be available in "Big Box of Junk" editions this time around. I'm sure that by the holidays they'll come out again in a "Pauper's Edition." I already have Big Box of Junk editions for those movies in standard def.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It is being reported that amazon.com has a code [SIZE= larger]SNOWHITE[/SIZE] (with just one "w") that will take $10 off the upcoming Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Blu-ray release (probably to "match" the $10 coupon that's floating around. That drops the amazon price to $14.99.
ir

Apparently there are also bundle deals if you buy Snow White and either (or both) of the recent Tinkerbell releases. SW + TB: Lost Treasure = $8 off.

Info via SlickDeals.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks