Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
eek.gif
smiley_jawdrop.gif
smiley_jawdrop.gif
smiley_jawdrop.gif
smiley_jawdrop.gif
eek.gif

jeez... it is gonna take a month to get through all those suppliments...
...Good Job Disney!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

------------------
Robert Lutter

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Didn't Michael Crawford record a version of "Someday My Prince Will Come" for the set originally?
I remember reading that somewhere...

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Didn't Michael Crawford record a version of "Someday My Prince Will Come" for the set originally?
I remember reading that somewhere...
Did you leave out the smiley on this one? You have to admit that that would be a bit campy. :) Crawford is doing a version of "Baby Mine" for the Dumbo DVD.
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Unsurpassed In Sound And Clarity
High-Definition Transfer Using Digital Technology
First-Time-Ever Use Of An All-New State-Of-The-Art High
Resolution Grain Elimination Process-Restored Purity & Clarity For Pristine Picture
Great Scott, There's a TON of features on this! I don't really like snow white, but this thing has so many features! I think I may get this one for the Commentary by Walt Disney!

DanL

Stunt Coordinator
They also won't be called dwarves. Rather "lowered height people."
Actually, when you think about it, Snow White is a politically incorrect nightmare. Let's hope it's all intact when it hits the small screen. I'm getting real tired of Disney altering their movies.

James_M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James
How can dvd empire be listing this as $20.99? I thought all Disney DVDs were overpriced. And with this package, it ought to be!

DanL

Stunt Coordinator
Nah..it can't be vertically challenged because that implies they're different...they're challenged by something. NO!!! :) They're not even short! Don't even look at them! :)

James_A

Stunt Coordinator
Never let it be said that Disney can't get things done! When they want to, the mouse will rule the house.... just wait till the Lion King!
Jim
------------------
[email protected]
Want to hold up a bank in Latin?
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
(I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.)

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Lion King will NEVER be released, for the same reason that kids aren't allowed to pray in school; it is far too Christian for the publics good, whatever that means!
wink.gif

------------------
M. Hyde

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
I own the LD box set of SWatSD, so I've got the film and a ton of extras already. I'm curious to see if there will be many new significant extras. Sing-a-long, games and DVD-ROM features are just for "packaging", so they don't count. This might even apply to Angela Lansbury. The commentary by Walt himself will hopefully be great, though.
Not really trying to sound like a teacher here, but shouldn't it be "dwarfs", not "dwarves" like some of you guys constantly seem to spell it...?
------------------

ChristopherM

Stunt Coordinator
When Barbra Streisland's involvement was first announced, people here were worried that the film was being re-dubbed.
Fortunately, it seems that her performance is "presented over an animated montage of highlights from the film".
I think this is what we all wanted. Something that will boost the profile of the release with Joe Public, but that will leave the movie unaltered.

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Well, Bill and Richard, I suppose I'll have to actually go back and watch it again, but I thought the imagery of Mufasa speaking through the clouds to Simba was rather Christian, as was Simba's whole objective of laying claim to his Father's kingdom on earth. I wasn't saying that Christians liked it, I just meant that it tried to use some powerful imagery and ideas that can be found in Biblical teachings/writings. Actually, I would assume that Christians would think of it as blasphemic.
And, not being argumentative here, really, but Bill, just what hidden sex message are you referring to? I really haven't deen LK since it came out, and don't recall anything like that, except that Scar was, um, slightly flamboyant.
------------------
M. Hyde

Aaron Ulmer

Agent
There were early rumors that the "Music in your Soup" segment was being reincorporated into the movie. They were going to ink and paint the original pencil tests (please forgive me if my terminology is incorrect here, I'm not quite an expert in this area).
It now appears that this segment is included as a supplement. I wonder if it's just the pencil test or if they went to the effort of fully completing it. Hope so!

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The Lion King always struck me as Hamlet-lite (with a happy ending, no less) moreso than a Christian allegory.
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks