Snow White sells ONE MILLION copies in ONE DAY!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rob Lutter, Oct 11, 2001.

1. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

2. Dave_P

Dave_P Stunt Coordinator

I thought this would do well on the market.
    I guess I was wrong. [​IMG]
    It's extraordinary. [​IMG] People are talking.

3. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

4. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

5. Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin Producer

I was one of those ONE MILLION people who bought a copy on its release date.
    I must say that if ever there was a DVD worthy of putting up those kind of numbers, THIS WOULD BE IT!!!
    Superb job Disney! [​IMG]
    [Edited last by Rob Tomlin on October 11, 2001 at 02:37 PM]
    [Edited last by Rob Tomlin on October 11, 2001 at 02:38 PM]

6. Margo

Margo Agent

Humm...
    I bought this because they are giving me another Disney DVD that I can use as a Christmas gift for one of my relatives. Perhaps I should remove the wrapping and take a peak inside. [​IMG]

7. BrettB

BrettB Producer

8. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

While limited availability may be a small factor, I doubt it is as big a factor as Disney is touting, nor does it justify delaying releases for years as a result. Also, consider the preorder with a giveaway that would be incentive to buy early, which is sure to factor into their first day numbers. I don't think the collectability has much to do with people buying this, they bought it because of the strength of both the film and the delivery - and the fact that those who preordered got a free disc with it.
    ------------------
    Zardoz Online | Burt Lancaster is The Swimmer | dOc

9. Jeff Swindoll

Jeff Swindoll Supporting Actor

The disc is wonderful!! I hope they also give 20,000 Leagues under the Sea the same fab treatment since it's rumored to be coming in 2002 [​IMG]. This is a step in the right direction. Remember when Disney did their first DVD releases [​IMG]?? Disc artwork as one of the features!! [​IMG]
    Cheers.
    ------------------
    I didnt play Dungeons and Dragons all those years and not learn something about courage.
    --Bernie Faulkner

10. paul_v

paul_v Second Unit

I preodered mine when I was at Disney World last week. It was a good deal cause I got to pick another Disney DVD for free and also got a Snow White pin that you can only get by pre-ordering. Hope it comes in the mail soon.
    ------------------

11. DaveBB

DaveBB Supporting Actor

I was at Wal Mart last night and there was a Snow White on DVD display by the front door that was almost entirely cleaned out of stock.

12. Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler Screenwriter

Eric Huffstutler
    I do think the numbers are a bit misleading because of the bonus incentive of the free DVD with pre-order.
    Nevertheless, the set can stand on its own! They are truly remarkable and the magic mirror character (does anyone know who does the voice?) is quite amusing with his sarcastic wit.
    The picture is rock solid and vibrant with color. At times you can almost believe that Snow White herself was real by her fluid movement and angles. A lot of time and effort went into this film down to some of the smallest details, not to mention its second complete restoration to surpass the first!
    I was also pleased to see that Disney hasn't belittled the adult audience watching the "extras" for they have created them and the dialogue in a way to keep an adult's interest (a bit too grown-up for the younger crowd to understand). It gives you plenty to look over and admire as to what went into making this movie.

13. Dan Wetzel

Dan Wetzel Extra

I got a copy for free from Amazon.. why couldn't they send me Mummy Returns or Star Wars EP1 [​IMG]
    Oh well.. at least I have one Christmas present I can give away [​IMG]
    ------------------
    DVD Collection

14. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

TEN YEARS!!? I hope that none of them are prone to "disc-rot" or whatever...
    ------------------
    ...and please, next:20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA, SLEEPING BEAUTY, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST+WIP, and BAMBI...
    I know....hurry up and wait...
    [Edited last by Mark_TS on October 12, 2001 at 01:49 AM]

15. NeilEdwards

NeilEdwards Stunt Coordinator

I wonder what figures The Godfather did?

16. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I initially didn't have any interest in picking up the Snow White dvd. But, if it's really that nice a dvd, I might just pick it up. I could use some classic animated Disney in my collection, anyway.
    ------------------
    He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
    -- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

17. Jeff Swindoll

Jeff Swindoll Supporting Actor

Didnt Tony Jay (Frollo in Hunchback) do the voice of the magic mirror? I wondered who it was myself. Is there a credit sequence somewhere on the disc that might confirm that? Cheers.
    ------------------
    I didnt play Dungeons and Dragons all those years and not learn something about courage.
    --Bernie Faulkner

18. Dick

Dick Lead Actor
    Supporter

Rick
    I suspect that the one million refers to the number of units SHIPPED (i.e. ordered by retailers) but not the number actually sold to consumers. Great numbers, in any case. I am hoping that, due to Disney's sluggish financial situation of late, they will begin releasing their classics more regularly (live-action such as SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON, DARBY O'GILL, 20,000 LEAGUES,etc.)

19. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Screenwriter

20. Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler Screenwriter

Eric Huffstutler
    Tony Jay's voice just doesn't seem to fit for the new Magic Mirror's voice. Possibly it was enhanced some way while he slowed his speech? But I think it may be someone else. I am so curious as to why they have kept it so under wraps?