Snow White Free DVD Offer

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Stone, Jan 21, 2002.

1. John Stone

John Stone Supporting Actor

Has anyone received their free DVD from Disney? I wrote and mailed my $1.99 check on 10/9/2001 and it still has not cleared the bank and I have received nothing. I followed all the instructions carefully, so that's not the problem. Any information is appreciated. Thanks!

2. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

I'm afraid my story runs the other way.
    I actually mailed my free DVD request and check the DAY AFTER the deadline...hoping they would still accept it--but figuring they wouldn't.
    Well, wouldn't you know, the Mouse came through for me and sent me my requested copy of Lady And The Tramp (in all its beautiful 2.35:1 beauty!). [​IMG]
    I got it in the mail probably about four weeks later.
    I've missed rebate deadlines before only to be told, "Sorry!" That's why I was surprised to see that envelope in my mailslot.
    Its too bad, too, because I had a co-worker who, like me, had let the rebate date get away from him. I encouraged him to send in his form like me...but he didn't.

3. Rob_b

Rob_b Agent

I ordered mine through Disney. My free movie came with Snow White. I now pre-order all my disney movies through www.disneystore.com. You sometimes get extra free suff (4 - lithographs came with snow white). If you pre-order Atlantis you get 1-free lithograph.

4. AdamW

AdamW Agent

I also preordered it through Disney Store, so I got the DVD with it along with a pin and lithographs.

5. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

I got my Free DVD last Thursday.

6. Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall Supporting Actor

I sent off for two free discs (one for me, one for my sister--bought two copies of Snow White). Put the envelopes in the mail the last day of the offer back in October, and received both discs several weeks before Christmas. My check didn't clear until around two weeks ago.

Incidentally, the discs were Fantasia (original) and The Little Mermaid.

-mwb-

7. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I know y'all don't wanna hear this, but next time you might want to think about just doing what I did: if you bought (pre-ordered) Snow White at The Disney Store, you got the free 2nd title at the same time you picked up SW. AND got the pin and the lithographs. AND got the opporunity to change free items at the last second, if you were so inclined. Oh, and no S&H for the "free" item!

Next time Disney does something like this, if a Disney Store is *anywhere* convenient to you, you ought to check out and see if you can take advantage of this type of thing. Might even be worth paying a tad more for the main item to get this convenience.

8. John Stone

John Stone Supporting Actor

Oh well, I'm going to pencil this one in as a "loss". If this is the worst thing that happens to me this year, I'm in great shape!! [​IMG]
    Thanks for the replies.

9. Derek Duncan

Derek Duncan Stunt Coordinator

I sent mine off right after the release of Snow White. I just recieved my free Alice in Wonderland this morning.

Derek

10. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

We're talking about two different offers now - one is the Get a free DVD with Snow White, the other is Buy Snow White and 2 Others, Get 1 DVD Free. I'm waiting for the latter offer.