Snow White DVD really going away?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff_Duska, Jan 16, 2002.

1. Jeff_Duska

Jeff_Duska Auditioning

I keep seening ads saying that the Disney's Snow White DVD is going away for ten years. Is this true? I remember them saying something about this for other DVD, but they were stills in stores later.
    I want to get a copy, but I need to conserve money since I'm out of work. Yet, I don't want to miss having this classic on DVD. [​IMG]
    Thanks,
    Jeff

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Yes, Disney will not print this disc again for 10 years

I don't know if stores will be required to return their discs at the end of January, but Disney has done that before.

Jeff Kleist

3. Jeff Leeds

Jeff Leeds Stunt Coordinator

I looked into this too since my wife wanted the DVD and like you I'm out of work too. It is true, I have a friend that works for disney and there was a rush of people buying it in one of their company stores.

I got it at COSTCO so at least it was rock bottom price. Look at it this way, 20 bucks ain't gonna make much difference at the end of the day....just pick it up.

4. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

Those Disney execs must really be smoking strange stuff.

First they create a superlative DVD edition and then they take it off the market for a decade, keeping it away from fans who would want to buy it.

I for one am highly annoyed about their publishing schedule. There are some great animated movies that they will just be sitting on now for years for no apparent reason until they can release then as "platinum editions".

Maybe it makes some sort of sense to them, but me it just annoys the crap out of. Ah well, I guess one can't force them to sell their product if they don't want to, just weird.

5. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

6. Jeff_Duska

Jeff_Duska Auditioning

Thanks for info. I guess I better pick up a copy then.

Regards,

Jeff

7. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

Actually, I think now and always have that that plan stinks, but like I said... if they don't want to sell their movies, they have the right (at least legally) to not do so. [​IMG]