What's new

Snow White $5 upgrade rebate good for LD, too? (1 Viewer)

Stacie

Stunt Coordinator
Apologies if this question has already been answered. I haven't had much time to visit the forum lately. I did look through recent threads and didn't see one that appeared to answer this question.
How about it? Does anyone know if you can also get the $5 rebate by sending in the UPC from the previous laserdisc release of Snow White?
Again, sorry if this is a repeat question.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I'd be surprised if they didn't accept an LD submission. The forms say to provide the POP from your "video" - not VHS, not tape - so that'll cover all formats. They've had this policy for a while, and I've never heard any problems with LD claims, so I feel confident they'll take it...
------------------
Colin Jacobson
DVD Movie Guide
www.dvdmg.com

MikeM

Screenwriter
I'd be surprised if they didn't accept an LD submission.
They didn't release a new LD version of Snow White did they? Then I'd be surprised if they accepted your LD proof of purchase. This would be a campaign to promote sales of their new DVD or VHS version, no? That's kind of the point of the campaign it seems.
------------------
mike_sig.jpg

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
The point of the Disney rebate is to give owners of PRIOR video releases $5 back if they buy the NEW release. There is no new LD version, but if you bought the old one, you should be able to get $5 back if you purchase the NEW DVD. The whole point is to encourage people to buy the DVD, and they feel that a minor rebate will get some current owners to purchase the new release...
------------------
Colin Jacobson
DVD Movie Guide
www.dvdmg.com

Users who are viewing this thread