What's new

Snow Dogs?! What the hell happened to Cuba Gooding's career? (1 Viewer)

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
I'll admit, his choices in films has been "different", to say the least, but I think those are choices he is making, not ones being forced on him, i.e.-noone else is offering him any roles.
All kidding aside,---please note I have not seen Snow Dogs and have no wish to see it, just based on the ads---, how do you know?
It's a frequent complaint from actors in Hollywood that they get offered a lot of what they've already done or some other inanity.
For all we know, Gooding could be appearing in the "cream of the crop" of what he's been offered since his Oscar win.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Men of Honor was the worst film in the world. I could actually watch Armageddon two times in a row before I watch Men of Honor ever again. The hard part is that people actually think he's a good actor. Snow Dogs is probably gold to him since Men of Lamer.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Funny this comes up, because I saw Cuba on Access Hollywood last night. Most of the interview was spent by him talking about how tough it is for a black actor to find good scripts. (Maybe you need to pass on more scripts, Cuba) He also talked about wanting to play Daredevil. (Reality Check. Daredevil is white.) They gave him a pat on the back for "Snow Dogs" (Which actually they should, because it is doing well in the box office, despite what everyone else says).

I do have to say that that Snow Dogs trailer is wretched, and from my understanding, doesn't have much to do with the film itself.

Jason

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Cuba ... also talked about wanting to play Daredevil. (Reality Check. Daredevil is white.)
Reality check: "Daredevil" is UNreal. A comic book character, in fact.
"Ming the Merciless" of Flash Gordon fame was an Oriental. That's never stopped Hollywood from casting blue-eyed Caucasian actors (including the Swede Max von Sydow in the latest incarnation) in the role. Likewise with "Charlie Chan", "Mr. Moto", "Amos & Andy", etc.

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
There's really no need to casually insult someone just because they have a differing opinion.
Hmm... isn't that exactly what you are doing to Cuba?
I happen to have enjoyed most of the films some of you are referring to as mistakes. I loved Rat Race, Men of Honor, Pearl Harbor, and Instinct. Of course, I generally look to a film simply for entertainment, call me crazy.
Assuming an actor generally reads a script prior to accepting a role, let's take a look at a few of these so-called stinkers and the actors involved:
Rat Race
Academy Award Winner Whoopi Goldberg
Academy Award Winner Cuba Gooding Jr.
Academy Award Winner Kathy Bates
Comedic Genius (IMHO) John Cleese
Men of Honor
Academy Award Winner Robert De Niro
Academy Award Winner Cuba Gooding Jr.
Instinct
Academy Award Winner Anthony Hopkins
Academy Award Winner Cuba Gooding Jr
Well, I think you see where I'm going... apparently my own appreciation of these films does not stand alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.