What's new

Snow broke floating menu bar (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I really, really, like the snowy Christmasy header bar - but it's apparently broken the floating menu bar causing it to shrink to a small, non clickable, bar. I've checked on both Firefox and Edge and it does the same.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Here's a snipped from what I see when it minimizes in FF:
1607545874629.png

Here's Edge:
1607546023310.png

And I just checked Chrome:
1607546068873.png

It goes from full to that small line once I scroll down a bit. I run JAVA/Flash blocks on FF but not on Edge (because I never use it other than to see what something looks like in another, unmodified, browser) or Chrome.

Looks kind of like it's sliding behind the very top, black/white, bar.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Windows 10 (20H2 Education) desktop running FF, Edge, Chrome, IE (have some stuff that still requires it for student reporting). This is also my work computer and on school filtering - but the bar's worked just fine until today when the snowfall started.

I'll check again at home - around 4:15 or so. It's a Windows 10 home (*not* 20H2 yet) system. I don't own any mobile devices that are used for browsing (it's a horrible, horrible, experience).

I just tried on my work laptop (Macbook) using FF and Safari. Same results on both of them as well. And I remoted into my other desktop (same OS on a different network segment) with identical results. Very odd...

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Seems OK for me all day on a Chrome desktop. Not sure when it went up, but all seemed OK last night on a Firefox desktop at home.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
And... it does it at home too. Windows 10 (2004) laptop. All installed browsers... very odd. At least that rules out the work filter system.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Mine does the same when I scroll down to view posts but returns automatically once I scroll back up.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Mine does the same when I scroll down to view posts but returns automatically once I scroll back up.
Same here - but it's not supposed to go away like that. It really throws off my muscle memory being "gone" when I scroll down.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if there'll be some late December releases from the Warner Brothers Archives for the year? Or are we done from the year?
Here's a snipped from what I see when it minimizes in FF:
View attachment 83204

Here's Edge:
View attachment 83206

And I just checked Chrome:
View attachment 83207

It goes from full to that small line once I scroll down a bit. I run JAVA/Flash blocks on FF but not on Edge (because I never use it other than to see what something looks like in another, unmodified, browser) or Chrome.

Looks kind of like it's sliding behind the very top, black/white, bar.

OK, now I see what you're talking about. No problem when I'm at the top of the page, but as I scroll down it disappears.
Honestly can't say I would have ever noticed it being different since I rarely use the top menu at all, but if you note this as different behaviour then my computer is doing it as well.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Oh wait. I see what ya'll are talking about now. I never noticed it until it was pointed out and I specifically looked for it. That wasn't default behavior before?

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
On my iPhone and iPad, I get a permanent "menu bar" about 1/3 of the way down the page which interferes with reading and is very annoying since it is right where your eye wants to go when reading. The text is above and below it.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I'll see if I can fix this guys. Getting snow to work in just the header so as not to upset the curmudgeons was quite challenging! I didn't realize this was a result.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks