What's new

Snoring..Help! (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Over the last 2-3 years my wife said my storing is getting worse and worse. Obviously I don't really notice it..on occasion I catch myself mid snore while going to sleep.

Lately it's driving me as crazy as my wife because she always swats at me whenever I start snoring to loud. That of course wakes me up and she'll do it 2-3 times a night sometimes.

I don't know what to do..I've changed pillows,I've used Breath Right strips, we have a Hepa air purifier so I breath fine at night. I'm not overweight. I sleep on my belly mostly or on my side sometimes..I hate laying on my back to sleep.

Has anyone tried any over the counter remedies (with success)? Worst case, has anyone gone the surgical route that I've seen on some health shows..if so, how much is this form of surgery?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Alfer

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My parents recently bought an adjustable dual-zone air-mattress bed. My mom says she sleeps so well on it that she no longer hears my dad snoring. Perhaps you just need a bed upgrade? :)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Thanks folks for the info...uh, I'd love a new bed, but I better stick with the $9.99 "fix" instead.

:D

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
you might have sleep apnea. Do a forum search and it'll bring up tons of good posts. I have a CPAP machine and also had 1 round of somnoplasty. I'm about to go back for a 2nd round.

Somnoplasty and another form of surgery are covered by insurance if you have sleep apnea. You officially won't know if you've got it until you go through a sleep study.

Jeff

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I second the recommendation to check for sleep apnea, especially with the comments that you catch yourself mid snore. That means something is waking you up. I'm guessing it might be some type of obstruction.

You can have apnea and not be overweight. It's all a physiology thing. I have a drooping pallet, which closes off when I sleep. It does it when I was lighter and when I am heavier. I have to use a CPAP.

Do you feel tired? Any fatigue? Any falling asleep during the day (having to nap)? I also slept on my stomach, as a coping mechanism against the apnea.

Go see a doctor (an Ear Nose Throat doc), and get examined. If you have apnea, it can take a huge toll on your heart, from the lack of oxygen.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Randy,

Thanks for the heads up. However I don't feel fatigued, nor do I feel the need for naps.

To clarify one thing...the only time I catch myself in a snore is just that split second before I officially fall asleep. It's rare that happens, but has happened.

Note: I tried my first night with the Breathe Right snore spray. I didn't feel any changes when I sprayed it..other than it tasted minty :). My wife said I was snoring just as bad. I will continue to try it..I may not have sprayed it far enough back in my throat.

Wish me well!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks