What's new

Snoopy Come Home in Region 4? Why Paramount Why? (1 Viewer)

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Saw this on a Snoopy Forum...Please Paramount say this isn't true (though I have a region free player) how is this, IF TRUE, fair to the American Peanut's fans?

For any Australians on the list...

Several Australian DVD retailers have started listing a DVD of the
movie "Snoopy Come Home," set to be released in Australia on October
9. I have confirmed with Paramount that this is a legitimate and
actual release. No other confirmed details so far.

Paramount says that "Snoopy Come Home" will be released on DVD in
several other international markets next year as well, but
unfortunately, there are no plans for a North American release at
this time.

Note that this is both a PAL and Region 4 DVD, so most North American
DVD players cannot play this DVD.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Maybe they will release it to the states later...

Reasons like this are why a region free player is a must for DVD fans who want certain titles...

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Paramount is probably the slowest of all the studios to release older titles to US DVD. I don't know what is taking them so long, but most of their 70's and 80's titles haven't been released here yet.

I don't think they have anything against SNOOPY COME HOME (which I would also like to see on DVD), they are like this with most of their titles.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Yes...

Paramounts prices are also ridiculous for Barebones older titles in my opinion...

If studios like MGM can put out Special Editions of their old titles for $10-15, why does Paramount charge $20-30 for barebones older titles???

I think the company needs to get it's a** in gear... Dont they realize if they put some effort into their titles and charged more reasonable prices for what your getting, more people may buy them???

They have the ability to make really good DVD's... It's just that they choose not to...

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I can crank out the tears just *thinking* about that theme song and the sensation I got watching it as a kid...

Snooooooopy,
Snooooooopy,
Snoopy, Snoopy come home....

Wahhhaaa!

PLEASE Paramount...where are our Snoopy faves on DVD?!?

BTW Chuck, you've got a Stitch surprise on its way to ya in the mail...

dave :)

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
I've always why Paramount charges more than what the average DVD cost and sometimes SE DVD for a barebones DVD. Though in Paramount defense they have relase all there films in Widescreen/OAR.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Buying the multi-region player was one of the best things that we ever did. You can bet that this will be a purchase...

And Dave...THANK YOU!!!!:b

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
If studios like MGM can put out Special Editions of their old titles for $10-15, why does Paramount charge $20-30 for barebones older titles???
You guys need to keep up. Paramount hasn't charged this much for their newer catalog releases in several months. For example, last week's group including Regarding Henry and IQ could be had in most Wal-Marts for under $10 apiece.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
2 Peanuts specials for $19.99 SRP is damn near highway robbery, and those were released earlier this year by Paramount. They're getting better on pricing, but they need to work on VOLUME and pricing of Peanuts DVDs. Where are the theatrical movies? Grr.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing lawyers have to do with this. Not saying that's a bad or good thing, but you got to have people that protect the fine print. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks