What's new

SNL w/Britney Spears.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The skit with Barbie was great. Barbie is not Skipper's sister she's her mom. The father well GI Joe was in Vietnam. Ken is gay and borrowing her dresses. It was a Han Solo action figure from the seventies.

It was one of the better skits I have seen this season. I also like the skit with dorm room tv internet show.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
funny???? you are joking i hope. show's been on for 1 hr and i haven't seen anything funny yet.

the news just went off and it was awful.

"worst episode ever"

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Skipper is not Barbie's sister she's her mom.
Actually, the skit had Barbie being Skipper's mom. Remember Barbie is older than Skipper.
And the only part I liked was when Jimmy Falon(?) took some famous songs and reworked them for the Olympics, especially "Roll Out" and "How You Remind Me."
Oh, and the only reason I watch SNL is catch Tina Fey during Weekend Update. She hot! :D

Don Black

Screenwriter
I thought Fallon was blatantly ripping off Sandler's claim to fame. As far as the show is concerned, I thought her last appearance was much, much better. So was her last CD for that matter...

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Thought the show was great, but wasn't it a repeat?

And why was Fallon wearing a wig in the Weekly Update?

The funniest part of the show was how the generic singer, I forget her name, was not even trying very hard to lip synch to the prerecorded song - and when the song ended and she thanked the audience, the audio quality from her headset mic was entirely different from her "singing." I thought that these prepackaged singers at least tried to pretend they actually sang! But not this one!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
That was the famed Britney Spears
Yes, I also thought it was funny how she dropped the lip synch :)
That's why you never see the boy bands or girl singers play Japan. Lip synching is illegal there for concerts

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
I thought Britney's performance was stunning: I was stunned that somebody that wooden could host SNL.
(Of course, for 20 years, SNL hasn't really been about being funny. :rolleyes:)

Sean Cauley

Stunt Coordinator
In Britney's defense, the slow song she did was apparently live singing. The lyp-synch was reserved for the dance number. That's pretty common among dance acts; I saw Janet Jackson in concert just last week, with the full understanding that some songs would have to be lyp-synched. It's just that Britney is worse at making it look real than any of her counterparts.

Overall, this show wasn't nearly as funny as Britney's last appearance, where she did a couple of good skits poking fun at her pop-star image (the disgruntled former mouseketeer sketch with Cheri Oteri and Will Ferrell was great). This week's episode had a couple of strong spots, including parts of the Barbie sketch, the "Spaceman Jones" thing with Tracy Morgan (which was completely stupid and overlong in its build-up to basically having only one joke, but that was the whole point), and the Gemini's Twin sketch (mainly for Will Ferrell as video director "Spuzz", Maya Rudolph's "'cause I was not about to do that" when explaining why Britney was playing the runaway slave, and the Diane Warren "I also wrote 'Quick, Get Under the Table' from the Twister soundtrack").

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks