What's new

SNL Season Premier (1 Viewer)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't that the absolute worst episode of SNL you ever saw? Except for Tina Fey I can't think of a single redeeming feature or memorable joke on the show (I'm not a big Springsteen fan, but I'll accept he was fine).

Did Anna and Will take the best writers (except for Tina) with them?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
hmm, really? i didn't think it was that bad. the worst one i recall seeing was from last year, it was going downhill so fast that i had to shut it off after the first 30 minutes...can't remember which episode it was. i really enjoyed the nra commercials, and i thought the venezuelan comedian (or whoever he really was) on weekend update was pretty good. i didn't really care for springsteen's first song, but i thought his second set was pretty good...i'm not into rock much anymore, it's nice that springsteen doesn't always steer that way. i'd give the show a 7/10.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
"I'm like a math wiz, kinda like that queer in Good Will Hunting."

"I came here to hear the Boss sing, not the shipping deparment at Circuit City!"

I actually thought that this episode was one of the funniest SNLs in a long while.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
I was underwhelmed by this episode. They had Stephen Van Zandt there and no Sopranos parody?

Jodee

Screenwriter
I thought it was hilarious!

Smurfette/Anna Nicole Smith cartoon.

Weekend Update:
"We've been growing horse teeth in Carly Simon for years!"

And the absolute best was Matt Damon parodying Axl Rose at the MTV Movies Awards. Him running back and forth and then being out of breath was hilarious!

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I actually thought that this episode was one of the funniest SNLs in a long while.
You mean like three months? ;)
I thought it was relatively funny. I especially liked the monologue recap of all of the things they wanted to make fun of over the summer.
Regards,

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Anna Nicole Smurf was hilarious stuff...

I thought the show as a whole was very good this past Saturday. Only thing that would've been better? If they included the Boss in a sketch...

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I would have even tolerated a DeMarco Brothers sketch if that would've been what it would take.

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
Wasn't that the absolute worst episode of SNL you ever saw?
"Lets just say I put my lunch up my butt."

While I chuckled at this parody, when SNL stoops to this level, I fear for it's future. It's always been hit or miss but I thought Matt Damon was a great host.

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
I have to apologise for the retarted fans in the audience that cheered when Matt Damon said
"Screw you Fleet center, you'll never be the Garden!"
This NYer knows he was refering to the old Boston Garden and not Madison Square Garden.
BTW....the episode BLEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i used to watch snl religiously. everyone who knew me knew i liked that damn show.

i haven't seen that show in probably two or three seasons.

nuff said.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I think the episode had a few good ideas, and the Smurfette and Sex Robot sketches were funny (if not a bit juvenile) but I think the execution was not there and Matt Damon, I thought, was particularly bad, and I like Matt Damon. I think for the first episode of the season, it was very flat. Had it been two or three episodes in I might not have been bothered as much.

Brian Fellow's Safari Planet has not been funny since the first time (it's basically the same sketch over and over again).

I'll continue to watch SNL (I tape it and find an hour Sunday Morning between pundit shows to watch it).

I have faith next week will be good because Sara Michelle Gellar has hosted before and she was great.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I thought this week's episode was not that bad, actually pretty funny IMO. You guys must be forgetting how crappy SNL was a few years ago. Yes, it could be better, yes they should have done womething with the Soprano's but most of the skits were funny. The Brian Fellows skit, which I usually tire of after about 2.1 seconds was actually a little different with Brian giving a right answer for once and not dragging on too long. The Boston people are always funny, the thing about the Fleet Center was hilarious. (of course they meant Boston Garden, DUH!!) Matt Damon has a pretty good sense of humor I might add.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks