SNL Saturday TV FunHouse DVD

Moore Maxx

Stunt Coordinator
Question for anyone who bought this DVD.

I bought it hoping it would have the "Fun with Audio" segment called "Spit Takes".

I think it was called "Spit Takes".

Anyway, it's audio with George W. giving speeches on current events and when he tells his lie or untruth, someone or something does a spit take in the background. I remember a deer drinking from a stream spitting up behind him and I think it ends with him in New Orleans talking about how strong the Levees are and then they also break apart and do a spit take.

I searched the DVD and couldn't find this.

Anyone else find it as an easter egg or did I just miss it?

Thanks,

Maxx

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I didn't buy it but I believe one review mentioned that additional cartoons are included in the Special Features section. I don't know if that's one of them however.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
only easter egg i found was the fried chicken place commercial.

i've only watched the first 3 cartoons though also.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael

That and audio commentary on most of the additional cartoons (audio track 2)... you can even turn on commentary for the Cluckin' Chicken easter egg.
But sorry, no spit-takes Fun With Real Audio...

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I don't know how many Saturday TV Funhouse cartoons there have been, but it's a lot (it has run for more than 10 years) and this DVD just has a selection of them. They could probably do a Vol. 2 and Vol. 3.

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
This dvd is great! There are a few missing,but the only great one not
included is that one Yankees super heroes ,don't know why they
didn't put that on it

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Does this have Gary and Ace hosting the show from last year? The Jimmy Fallon references were great.

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
There are at least three hours' worth of TV's Funhouse SNL videos. I know because I have taped as many of them as I can. And I've missed some.

If the DVD has a running time significantly shorter then that, well...

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Ric: the main program on the dvd is indeed the Ace & Gary special from last year; it runs about 84 minutes.

The rest of the cartoons are considered bonus cartoons; there's about an hours' worth of them...about 20 cartoons or so. This is by no means a complete collection of all the cartoons--I hope nobody's expecting that it is. Most likely, if it sells, there'll be a volume two, and three, and etc. What it is is about 2 1/2 hours of random TV Funhouse cartoons.

Johnny Jr.

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't seen the special but, has it been confirmed that all the ace and gary cartoons are on the dvd?

Thanks

(to answer my own question, Not all of the gary and ace shorts are included)

Johnny Jr.

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Guys,

I just picked up "the best of saturday tv funhouse" and I noticed something a tad strange during the "belated black history moment" segment. It occurs at chapter 20 5:10 or 52:17 of the main program. It sounds as though the music skips and the picture of lorne michaels fighting with the do looks a tad jumpy. Does anyone have this on their copy or is this just a problem with my disc?

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
I don't have the DVD yet, but that sketch appeared in the special in edited form, so that is probably the reason for the audio jump.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
namritabneha