What's new

SNL 5/15/04 - Jimmy Fallon Leaving???? (1 Viewer)

Phil_L

Second Unit
Just watched Weekend Update and he said this was his last show. I hadn't heard anything about this before. Is it just his last WU or his last time on SNL?

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
Hard to tell anymore. Cast members come and go. My prediction, though: Horatio Sanz could be the next John Belushi. Let's just hope he can keep a straight face and doesn't addict himself to death.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yep, he's outta there. It was reported in the news several weeks ago.

Good riddance, I say. :thumbsdown: Hopefully he'll fade quickly into obscurity.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This is the last show of the season.

It's been a really bad episode to go into summer with this season.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
terrible ep. they went on vac ation last week the way it looks to me.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Gee, did I really need the Olsen twins to tell me (America) that they will be "legal" in 4 weeks? What a wonderful claim to fame they have for now. And once they turn 18, what next?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

Heffner asking them to pose nude TOGETHER for his magazine.
GUARNTEED, you will hear about an offer from him

Alex-C

Screenwriter
The Olsen Twins is an institution.

I read somewhere that products bearing their name/likeness etc made over a B..bu...buh.buh...Billion dollars last year.

you can search for the news story (last 4 months I believe).

anyway, my point is...I don't think they'll be doing playboy, unless their egos and sycophants get the best of them.

I think they made 28 straight to video movies in the last 10 or so years.

And you thought Sam Jackson was busy in the 90s !!!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
According to Entertainment Weekly, 47 videos since 1992, grossing 750 million.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I thought the twins did a great job, with what they were given. They were fearless, and played the parts very well. I was impressed.

I'm not sure where Fallon thinks he's going. He only plays one character - Jimmy Fallon. He just adds an accent, but he's always Jimmy Fallon. Not a great movie career option there!

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor
Well, formar SNL hacks like Adam Sandler, David Spade, and Chris Farley have/had made a career out of playing the exact same character 90% of the time also. I don't how they did it or why people flock to go see it but Fallon will somehow manage to get another job something, unfortunantly.

With the exception of Will Farrell and possible Tina Fey, SNL has been a wasteland for at least the past 10 years. I suffered through 3 episodes of it this season and it was just so lackluster.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Jimmy Fallon gave a pretty good performance in the film "Almost Famous". A lot of folks did not even realize it was him. I kinda doubt he is interested in making a bunch of films in the Adam Sandler/Rob Schneider mold, but I guess we'll see.

Regards,

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Although the episode was okay, I thought the twins did a great job with what they were given. Last week's episode is what I would call terrible.

Jimmy Fallon was good in Almost Famous, and I didn't realize it was him until I saw it for the third time.

~T

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I am just glad to see another SNL alumi continue to the tradition of leaving to make more shitty films.

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor
He was ok in Almost Famous but his grating and irritating voice gave him away immediately.

Maybe he can go on tour again doing shows to promote that assy album of "clever, comedy" songs he did. Those are always funny, like when Sandler did them :rolleyes

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I think him leaving would be a good thing. I am tired of his smirks and gigles at his own jokes. When you are that pleased with yourself it's time to go and have your ego deflated by Hollywood.
I thought the first half of the show was really funny. They had some good stuff written for The Olsens.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks