Snl 5/1/04

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, May 1, 2004.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Lindsay Lohan's hosting tonight's SNL.

Good grief, since she is 17, I feel doubly naughty for watching that Harry Potter skit. I guess she's okay with showing off her good fortunes, though.

2. Ken Seeber

Ken Seeber Supporting Actor

17 is perfectly legal here in Illinois!

3. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Yeah, in addition to Chris commenting on how much time there was until her 18th birthday.

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

The Debbie Downer skit was funniest skit, though the Harry Potter skit was the perviest.

5. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    [​IMG] Oh.. my... god... the harry potter skit was AWESOME!!! Excuse me while i tame my dragon... [​IMG]

6. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron
    Man was the security in the audience pathetic! Someone used a camera during the Harry Potter skit, and the SNL segment is interrupted by a jackass! Add to that a few bloopers (Billy Joel and Debbie Downer) and it's been a very bizarre night.

"Tame the dragon." Huh huh huhhuh huh huhhuhhuh huh huh! [​IMG]

7. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Wow, sounds like I missed a classic skit. Anybody have it posted online?

8. Lee Jamilkowski

Lee Jamilkowski Stunt Coordinator

Emma Watson videos

It is the top video listed on the page. The quality isn't very good, but it is passable.

9. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Cinematographer

The HP skit was great. But Debbie Downer...please Lorne Michaels, make this a recurring character!!

10. LorenzoL

LorenzoL Second Unit

The funny thing is that I stopped watching Saturday Night Live a few years ago but for some unexplained reason I watched last night (I had no idea that Lindsey Lohan was the host. That's my story and I'm sticking with it).

I'm kind of glad that I watched last night.

- The Harry Potter skit was classic. I'll rank it almost as good as any skit during SNL heydays.
    Although, it made feel a little bit like a dirty old man staring at her assets.
    - The Debbie Downer skit was hilarious since everyone started laughing and breaking out of characters. Also how can anybody laugh if she's supposed to depressed everyone around her.
    - The closing credits with Usher staring at Lindsey's assets was classic.

Overall, it was a really good episode.

11. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

It seems like Horatio Sanz is always involved in a skit with bloopers.

The Harry Potter one was really good. They've done some great skits this season, with my favorite being the "cork soaker."

Debbie Downer was an okay skit, but it was hilarious because of the screw-ups.

~T

12. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

You know everyone is going to try to avoid looking to see if Emma Watson has developed in the new Potter movie. To quote Horatio Sanz...."Get out of my head!"

13. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

The Debbie Downer skit was riot hopefully this will be back in the near future. I also like the tease of the Adult Film Awards, names, and then the FCC edit and cut to the end. [​IMG]

14. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

15. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Yeah, I didn't catch that until Lorenzo mentioned it and I watch my recording. I think he could've been a little less obvious about it and still could've caught a good look. [​IMG]

16. Doug R

Doug R Supporting Actor

Although I watched it last night I wouldn't mind seeing it again, but is the Debbie Downer skit online anywhere?

17. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron
    I think what made everyone break up in the Debbie Downer skit was the audio effects. The trumpet player may have changed his/her style just enough to throw everyone off track.

18. Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams Supporting Actor

I thought I was going to choke to death I was laughing so hard during the Debbie Downer skit. It was too rapid, as I was recovering she hit me again with another downer.

Reminded me of the glory days when Tim Conway would try to breakup Harvey Korman on the Carol Burnett Show. It's the breakup that's funny, or more funny than the written bit.

19. LorenzoL

LorenzoL Second Unit

One other funny thing that happened was on the Billy Joel skit, when the mailbox got stuck on the windshield and Horatio Sanz had to get out of the window to knock it off.
    The overall skit wasn't that funny but Horatio knocking the mailbox was.

20. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

It might have been when she said that North Korea was "sensitive" (or something) instead of "secretive". It went downhill from there. The fact that they were all losing it made it much more funny.

In addition to that and the mailbox, there was a minor glitch when they forgot to turn off the echo-y voice effect after the robot jumped out the window in the first skit -- which was pretty blah for the first one. The Harry Potter one made up for it though.