What's new

Snickers with Almond (1 Viewer)

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Ok, apparently I missed the bulletin, but what is the point of these?

I went to Sam's club the other day and after going by the candy aisle I thought, "I haven't had a Mars bar in ages, I'll pick up a case." Much to my surprise there weren't any. I did see "Snickers with Almond" and almost purchased a case, but I didn't.

Now my "research" has revealed that the Snickers with Almond = Mars bar.

I don't get it. All this is going to do is piss off the people that think, "hmmm a Snickers bar with almonds instead of peanuts." Seems like a real quick way to kill off the Mars bar at the expense of Snickers fans. What's next, Hershey with Whatchamacallit. :D

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
IIRC, mars bars dont have nuts in them at all do they?

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I think they need to rename it a Milky Way with Almonds. A Snickers is caramel with peanuts on a bed of nugget covered in chocolate. A Milky Way is caramel on a bed of nugget.

The so-called Snickers with Almonds is nugget with almonds on a bed of caramel covered in chocolate.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Further "research" indicates that the "Mars" bar in US was different than the "Mars" bar in other markets which is actually a "Milky Way" bar.

Mike Slade

Second Unit
Put me in the camp that wants them called Mars bars. I also found out by going to Sams that the Snickers with Almonds had replaced the Mars bar. For a time they were both available. I mean what's next, Snickers with Cookies and we no longer have the Twix bar?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone had one of these Snickers with Almonds? I would think they'd contain BOTH almonds and penuts. If not, the title is deceptive, it SHOULD be Snicker with almonds instead of peanuts. ;)

EDIT: According to The Candy Warehouse

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I agree that this was a stupid idea.

But I'm one who wants them to reinstate the ORIGINAL Mars bar, for those of us old enough to remember: It was just like an Almond Joy, but instead of coconut in the middle, it had white nougat. No caramel at all. In two pieces, with two almonds on top of each piece, just like the an Almond Joy, except the Mars bar was more of a square shape.

The changed to the current Mars/Snickers Almond bar around 1977, I'd guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks