Snatch UK Version..

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Thomas H G, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

So I was looking around in Best Buy and came across Snatch. Now all I saw that they had was the Superbit version and one version that said UK Edition. They didn't have the old 2 disc version of Snatch.

I'm wondering if anybody has this UK Version and if it's any different from US Version. I'm still up in the air on which version I should get, The old 2 disc set(if I can find it), the Superbit, or this UK Version(if it's any good).

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Did a search on this and came back empty--so apologies if it's been discussed somewhere.

2. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Thomas, those are the only 2 version of Snatch that have been released in the U.S. The U.S. theatrical cut isn't available on DVD.

3. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor

The old 2 disc version was the U.K. Version as well. The only mention of that fact is in tiny lettering describing the features on each disc.

--Ian

4. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

So the Old 2 Disc set is the UK Version? Interesting.

The UK version I saw had a different cover than the other set and it had a sticker that said it was the UK version. It also mentioned it on the back when it said it included the full screen and widescreen of the UK version of the movie.

So basically it's a new packaging for it correct?
    There are 2 versions, the Superbit or that one that I saw (UK version) for 14 dollars. Is the Superbit version worth getting? I know the SB version doesn't have commentaries.

5. Greg*go

Greg*go Supporting Actor

What's the difference between the UK an original US versions?

6. Rasmus

Rasmus Auditioning

The uk and us 2-discers are the same... the superbit is missing the commentary...

7. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

There is indeed a new version of snatch out there, as I have stocked it on the shelves myself. The cover art is reddish and resembles the UK poster art, but feature wise it looks identical to the first disc of the old two disc set. Sony must have just dropped the second disc to get a budget version of this out there.
    Here is a link to it.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/movies/produc...270&e=11220117

8. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

Well I've researched it online and according to Amazon, the new version I saw was the 1 disc version that Sean just mentioned. I compared the extras and the 1 disc set is missing a few of the extras like deleted scenes.

Thanks for the help. Looks like I'll have to find the 2 disc version online.