What's new

Snap Crackle Pop prob. (1 Viewer)

MikeGee

Second Unit
I am wondering what the problem could be here.
I have the Logitech Z-560 computer speakers and just like a couple older radios i had that have a volume control knob.. when i adjust the volume either up and down on the unit itself there is crackling and popping to be hear from all the speakers. The speakers are not blown, i can crank this thing and there is no distortion its just when i manually adjust the volume.
Any ideas as to what i could do to fix the prob?
Warrenty over, i've tried contacting Logitech and they were of no help.
Only thing i can think of is to open the volume control box but i dont know what i'd be looking for that would be causing the problem.

http://www.softmag.no/bilder/logitec...0_hoytaler.jpg thats an image of what it looks like.
thanks for any help!

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Try and open it up and work some contact cleaner in the rotary dial while turning it.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
Or, the quick and (literally) dirty is much simpler:

turn the system off.

Take the volume knob and excersise it, liberally. Full range. After a while, when you're sufficiently tired of this, turn it back on and see if it's at all improved. Often times it is... at least temporarily.

Leo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks