What's new

Snakes on a Plane (2006) (1 Viewer)

Timothy Alexander

Second Unit
So is the movie being made specifically for the internet crowd? There is no way they would be putting this much effort into the movie if it wasn't for all these message boards and websites going nuts over the concept.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
Nah, they made it on it's own merits--the internet going nuts over it is a value-added bonus as far as the studio is concerned, and now they're going to pander to it a little.

Remember, at one point they were going to try and legitimize the thing by changing the title to "Pacific Air Flight 121" or something like that.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
"Coming this fall . . . Wind Shear, starring Samuel L. Jackson."

Good call on not legitimizing it! :)

Though, now that I mention it, Wind Shear should be the title of a movie.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Watch this movie come out and make a shit load of $$$ as a result of internet hype, and studios jump on the bandwagon trying to pander to the same crowd with similarly absurd titles and concepts for the next 5 years.

We may be making history here, folks ;)

--
H

John_Graz

Stunt Coordinator
This sounds like a movie that actor "Ice-Cube" should have the starring role - since he has "prior snake experience":)

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member

"THEY GOT SNAKES THAT BIG???"

I was a projectionist at the dirt theater in Salem, Oregon when that movie was released, and whooo boy. I gotta admit, I think Anaconda is the bar-setter in this instance. But I think Snakes on a Plane takes it. Ice Cube hobbling around, scowling at a snake tail, and then pinning it in place with a pickaxe so Jennifer Lopez can blow it up? Good. Sam Jackson shooting a snake in the face? AWESOM-O

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Hey, no clowning of Anaconda, I have fond memories of that flick :D.

Heck, a wet J-Lo alone was worth it :tu.

--
H

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I just about caused an accident when I heard a story about this on NPR's All Things Considered half an hour ago during my evening commute. The anchors were having one hell of time with the story.

The director confirmed that the reshoots are being made specifically because of the internet phenomenon this has become, including the afforementioned Sam Jackson trademark phrases. This has got to be a first no?

The audio will be available at the following link in a couple of hours: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5298003

EDIT: It's now available.

--
H

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
Great line, classic (or is it cliche) Samuel L. Jackson.

Anyone else think this thread should be retitled "Snakes on a Page"? :D

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I need to use that when I sign into Windows. It'll match my Desktop picture of SJ shouting into his Walkie-Talkie.

I love it. This thread may make me go see this film!:D

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
from the CNN article...

I wonder how they're gonna pull that off? I mean death by snake bites aren't that gory. Unless thay have the snakes killed in grusome ways (shooting, stomping on them, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks