What's new

Snake! Help! (1 Viewer)

PhillJones

Second Unit
This reminds me of a story about my father-in-law. Years ago one of his mad survivalist republic of Texas mates bought a snake round in a sack. The snake had just bit him and so he wanted to take it to somebody else to get it identified. He didn't want to go to the relevant authorities cause then 'the man' would know all about crazy Dave and his plot to over-throw the UN or something. Anyway, genius that me father-in-law is, his way of telling what sort of snake it was was to put his hand in the sack blind and pull the snake out.

Half an hour later they're both sitting in the ER with snake bites. In the ER the nurse comes over to triage them and when she asks what sort of snake it was they reply that they didn't know but have brought it with them. My father-in-law, who is clearly a slow learned, puts his hand in the bag, this time without getting bitten, and pulls this live snake out of the bag right in front of the nurse. Panic ensues in the ER and they theaten to have the pair of them arrested. Turns out that the animal was harmless.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I had one of these same snakes between my front door and screen door. I saw it at 5:30am as I was leaving for work. I was afraid it'd somehow get in the house where my dogs were. I killed it and have never lived that down. I feel stupid for doing that since I never kill anything except for some pest insects. It was just in a bad place and I couldn't remove it and I thought it might be a venomous water snake or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks