What's new

smudge circles on 47WX52 screen shield (1 Viewer)

Mike Nelms

Grip
I now have a PT-47WX52. I have the "smudge" circles inside the screen shield. It appears that they are from a tool used to position the shield inside the frame. They are not huge and most don't notice them. BUT I DO!! Are primarily seen when sitting in the SWEET SPOT Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so does Panny come out and address? I have seen someone else mention this problem on a board before. Any help appreciated!

Thanks!!!
Mike

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Mike, the PT-47WX51 (last year's model) had a pretty distinctive circular pattern in it's lenticular screen in the center of the left side. Although I haven't detected this in the new model, I wonder if this is what you're seeing? It looks like faint concentric circles.

Mike Nelms

Grip
John,

Yes they are concentric circles. Here is my guess as to what it may be. When they place that shield in the frame they must use some type of suction cup tool. And after it is placed they wipe the inside of the shield down. They missed a BIG spot on mine. I LOOKED for the marks as soon as I pulled it out of the box Saturday...YEP they are there. Well I called Panny...they are sending someone out. I notice it too much not to have it looked at.

Thanks so much for the input! I will post the results after they visit.

Mike

Mike Nelms

Grip
Ok the service guy came out yesterday. Said its a screen problem. Not screen shield problem. He is ordering the parts be back to install in 2 weeks or less. He also went on to say he sees this issue in many brands of sets. Even right out of the box as mine was.

Thought I would update. Thanks I wish I had more time to read all the goods on da board.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks