What's new

3D SMPTE to Establish 3-D Home Entertainment Task Force (1 Viewer)

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
This has me excited. I've only ever seen a handful of 3-D films in theatres and would love the opportunity to replicate the experience @ home, especially with some of the 50s classics.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille

Mitsubishi and Samsung have had 3-d 120hz rear projection TV's for a few years but, there are no 120hz dvd players. You need to run it through a PC. I'm guessing until most dvd players and TV's are 120hz you will not see the release of these old and new 3-D films in the proper 3-D format.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I was aware of that and wondered how their 3-D effect stacks up against Real D, which runs @ 144 hZ (24 fps with each frame for each eye displayed 3x).

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille

I saw a demo a few months ago. It was on a 73 inch Mitsubishi. I thought it looked fantastic. They showed scenes from Beowulf and others that originated in 3-D. They also showed scenes from one of the Star Wars films which of course was converted to 3-D. I have seen other films in the field-sequential method that were coverted from 2-D to 3-D and they looked terrible. This looked great. Objects were actually coming out of the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks