S'more Entertainment wider release

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Brian:C, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Brian:C

Brian:C Stunt Coordinator

A quick note about S'more Entertainment releases:

For a while you could only find their releases online at amazon. They are now getting wider release and are finally showing up on deepdiscountdvd as well as other sites.

The following are currently available for 50% off retail at deepdiscountdvd:

Good Morning World (Complete Series) $19.36
    Lotsa Luck (Complete Series) $19.36
    Mr. Peepers (Vol.1) $19.36

All great deals on rare series. Good to see more companies are beginning to carry these. Hopefully it will bring more releases in the future.

Brian

2. Bob Hug

Bob Hug Screenwriter

"Mister Peepers" is a terrific release for anyone interested in the very early days of sitcoms. The prints (from the UCLA Film & Television Archive) are generally watchable given their age. I plan to pick up the other two releases as well; DDD appears to have the best prices on the new S'more TV-on-DVD releases. It will be interesting to see what the company releases as 2006 progresses. I like the fact that the company's owner was formerly at Rhino and has a strong pop culture orientation . . . . it's just a matter of what this relatively small independent can get their hands on.

3. Bert Greene

Bert Greene Supporting Actor

I certainly hope this S'More outfit has some success with these offbeat releases. I loved the "Mr. Peepers" set. One of my very favorite releases from the entire last year. I've also pre-ordered the "Good Morning, World" set. It should be nice seeing those again (I watched and taped a few episodes back when the USA Network ran them in the mid-80s), although it hardly made for imperative viewing. But, whatever the case, it's nice to have a few of these oddities circulating in my dvd rotation. The tv-on-dvd scene would be so much less exciting if all the releases were restricted to common warhorse shows. Hope S'More continues in its unique path. Surely there are more series out there not tied up in big-corporate ownership, waiting to be discovered anew.

4. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    Odd double post, hiccup, sorry.

5. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    I ordered all three, and hope to see more. Does anyone know what series could be open to such treatment? Who owns the rights to these shows and what else did they make or are all of these in the public domain?

6. Michael Alden

Michael Alden Supporting Actor

Mr. Peepers is controlled by the UCLA television archive. They were bequethed the rights (supposedly) by the show's creator, David Swift, although none of the episodes were ever registered for copyright, as most live shows weren't. Lotsa Luck and Good Morning World were both Sam Denoff/Bill Persky shows, which they owned outright.