What's new

SMILEBOX (1 Viewer)

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
The only theatre to show Cinerama Russian Adventure in 3 panel Kinopanarama was the McVickers Theatre the rest were 70mm presentations.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I bow to your superior knowledge I did see that movie in Detroit, the ballerina must have been in another 3 panel movie.

Vern Dias

Second Unit
Real Name
Theodore V Dias
This MGM Blu ray has both versions in it, one smilebox and the other a roughly 2.80:1 non-smilebox.

Last edited:

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Only the Digibook release of How the West Was Won includes the Smilebox transfer. The later reissues in standard keepcases only included the disc with the "flat" transfer.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I love the Smilebox of HTWWW. To me it is ridiculous that Warner never made it available after the initial release. Even the 50 film WB Best of blu ray set only had the standard version. The Smilebox version has not, as far as I know, ever been available for streaming. I recently bought a 75 inch TV and it looks fantastic.

Here is a Smilebox Trailer.

Last edited:

john a hunter

Screenwriter
Would be nice if Warners reissued the Smilebox version in line with the upcoming issue of Grimm.
The sound I recall as needing a remastering.
It seemed somewhat compressed from memory and Cinerama Sound deserves the best possible reproduction.
They would make a nice set together!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks