What's new

"Smellovision replaces television - Carl Stalling sez, 'It'll never work'!" (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I realize they put feel in quotes, but what do they really mean? How can you "feel" 3D images? How do you interact with them in any capacity?

And as far as the "Smell-o-Vision" - I think all of the typical jokes have been done to death, so I ain't going there. ;)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
if not for japanese engineers, we wouldnt have so many "solution looking for a problem" inventions. imo, this is useless.

CJ

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
The amusing thing is that, back in the '60s when they were working on what the next TV format should be [which eventually became HDTV], NHK's researchers discovered that this kind of thing was exactly what people did not want.

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor

I believe it. Kind of like the talking Coke machines that ended up having lower sales than the non-talking ones.

However, if virtual reality feel-o-vision/smell-o-vision/television is sufficiently developed it may eventually resemble the Holodeck on the Starship Enterprise. I’d love to have one of those in my home theater room!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks