What's new

Smashing Pumpkins...... (1 Viewer)

GregBarron

Agent
Can someone please tell me if the Smashing Pumpkins Videos on DVD are in 5.1 or just stereo.....and how does it sound and are they happy with the disc.

Thanks,

Greg

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
I can say that the disc is a MUST-BUY for any Pumpkins fan! The commentaries and outtake material are a rare find and often very candid. I think you can get this disc for $14.99 at most places.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell if it's 5.1 or stereo. I have Pro-Logic, but I am inclined to think that it's just 2.0

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
It's 2.0. The sound is generally solid with one notable exception: "Bullet With Butterfly Wings". All sorts of weird things happen during that tune.

Am I happy with the disc? Exceedingly so. It's a terrific package that was much more interesting than I expected. Best music video set I've ever seen!

My review just went online yesterday - you can find it through the link in my sig...

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
If you run a search for "smashing pumpkins" you'll find a thread with a lot of opinions. But I love this disc to death.

Travis D

Second Unit
Agreed, it is one of the best music video compilation DVDs on the market. And the 2.0 sound is more than enough let me assure you. Bass is incredible and very, very smooth on my system.

HenrikTull

Second Unit
All audio tracks on the discs are recorded at 224kbps in Stereo and they mostly sound great. One thing that bugs me is that the Zero video is cencored (the word "shit" is cut). Otherwise this is a great DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks