What's new

Smart media reader for GBA (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Now THAT is amazing.

It can hold up to 24 minutes of video. Imagine if they put TV shows on those things.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Could it be used to copy games? Download from the 'net and store on smart media? Hmmm?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I doubt it would be able to have licensed games put on it unless they were made to be (such as ones you could get in stores, like the article says). Nintendo will probably license this device, but won't do so if it can break their copyrights and cut off some of their income.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Morgan,

I'm not talking about "official" uses here. My point was, could this be used to pirate games, and, therefore be an accessory that Nintendo won't exactly support.

Certainly some import company will soon be selling smart media with 200 GBA games on it.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing that there's some sort of an anti-piracy device put in it so that even if you could get a ROM or an emulator on there, it wouldn't run properly. Then again, people are very good at figuring out neat little tricks.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Cool... I would be interested in putting an anime episode "for the road" on one of these puppies :) Guess we'll see ;)

I'd get one just so I can have the "Triumph visits the Episode II premiere" on me at all times :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks