What's new

Smallville Season 9 (1 Viewer)

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
A very nice season overall I think, especially when watched together without the breaks. I really enjoyed the JSA and the season finale was quite good too. Since Heroes is now long gone, this is easily the best super hero show written and I thought remained better anyway. As for next year, I do hope the show goes out with a proper big bang and we get more than a few episodes of him being the full on Superman in his traditional outfit.

As to where they go for movies, I have gotten so use to this guy playing Superman that I hope they stay with him for all future productions. In my opinion, he is the most well suited (pardon the pun) of anyone for that role since Reeves in his iconic part.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I'm really bummed. I just found out that Smallville had started back up. When it went on hiatus near the end of Feb, I had thought the season was over, so I didn't know it started back up in early April. So I missed the rest. And CW hardly ever reshows these things, unlike other networks which do multiple encores.

If anyone know or hears of a marathon or re-showing of this season, please let me know.

Otherwise I'll have to wait for the DVD's and then I might as well re-watch the entire season.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Season 10 will be Smallville's last

I'm glad they made this decision up front so that the show's producers can devote the season to satisfyingly arc from where we are now to the introduction of Superman proper. I just hope Dawn Ostroff doesn't pull a Supernatural and tack on another season a couple episodes from the end if the ratings spike up.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I do! Let's keep this ball rolling until it tops Hawaii 5-0 and Gunsmoke! Clark'll be all 50 and still not flying. A little tongue-and-cheek, but I don't want to see the show end. It's another case where it's a comfort to know it's on, even when it's not that great. If they are saying for sure this is the end, just do a Superman season, 'kay? The dude absolutely HAS to fly next season. It's pathetic. He's seen his cousin do it, and he's seen MF Kandorians who didn't even HAVE powers until yesterday do it. Go out to Monument Valley and fall off some mesas. It won't hurt.

The good thing about a Superman related show is that it can end and another version can come along down the road.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by cajunhillbilly seems to imply that Season 10 will be focused on exactly that: Entering its explosive tenth and final season, SMALLVILLE culminates in the epic rise of the world’s ultimate hero – Superman. Finally working alongside the intrepid Lois Lane at the Daily Planet, Clark Kent had accepted his destiny as the guardian of Metropolis when General Zod arrived, challenging Clark’s authority and power. Just when the romance between Clark and Lois began to bloom, Clark was called into duty by the legendary Justice Society and his own burgeoning league of heroes to fight the gathering dark forces. As season nine drew to a close, Clarksacrificed himself to save the world from Zod. Season ten promises the classic reuniting of the timeless romance between Clark and Lois, and brings Clark face-to-face with his destiny as he overcomes his final trials and forges the iconic identity that will be known for all time. The series stars Tom Welling as Clark Kent, Erica Durance as Lois Lane, Justin Hartley as Oliver Queen and Cassidy Freeman as Tess Mercer. SMALLVILLE was developed for television by Alfred Gough & Miles Millar (“Shanghai Noon,” “The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor”), based on the DC Comics characters. Kelly Souders & Brian Peterson serve as executive producers, along with James Marshall, Mike Tollin, Brian Robbins, Joe Davola and Tom Welling. The series is produced by Tollin/Robbins Productions, Millar/Gough Ink and Warner Bros. Television. SUPERMAN was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. In other news, Allison Mack has declined to return as a series regular next year. She will guest star in the first few episodes to wrap up her character before exiting stage left.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It's about damn time!!

This season was all over the place but the last couple of eps were great, after reading that article my enthusiasm is returning for this show and am looking forward with bated breath at seeing Clark become The Man of Steel!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Too bad Chloe isn't going to be there for the end, but I have started to dislike the character anyway. They needed her to be Clark's support and his sidekick--not his antagonistic ally.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I really don't understand Mack not coming back full time next year. She's been on the show since the beginning and, unless I have my guess wrong, her door isn't being beat down by producers looking to cast her in other projects. It's 22 more hours of screen credit, another year of steady employment, probably 2 more directing assignments...

I dislike when an actor bails on their show in the last season. Mack's doing it and so did Terry Farrell on DS9. Stick with the series until the end. Now they're going to have to reinvent the wheel for 22 episodes instead of doing what they really, truly want to do.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt seems to imply that Season 10 will be focused on exactly that: Entering its explosive tenth and final season, SMALLVILLE culminates in the epic rise of the world’s ultimate hero – Superman. .... The series stars Tom Welling as Clark Kent, Erica Durance as Lois Lane, Justin Hartley as Oliver Queen and Cassidy Freeman as Tess Mercer. .... In other news, Allison Mack has declined to return as a series regular next year. She will guest star in the first few episodes to wrap up her character before exiting stage left.
I wouldn't have missed Tess if she really died at the end of the season finale (though it looks like Granny will bring her back somehow), but I am going to miss Chloe. Maybe we'll be lucky and she will not only be on in the beginning, but also return at the end of the series. Of course "wrapping up her character" probably means that she will get killed and be a catalyst towards something - maybe Clark putting the costume on finally. I just finally got around to watch my recording of the finale only to find out that my Comcast connection wasn't working 100% when I recorded it - skips all over the place. Luckily the CW had that (and some other episodes) online so I could watch it. Quite a good finale all in all. Will it be Martian Manhunter who swoops in to save him or someone else?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Remember that the Legion of Super-Heroes had no idea who Chloe is from their 31st century perspective, so I figure Chloe's exit will tie into why she's not really part of the Superman canon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks