What's new

Smallville season 8 thread (1 Viewer)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Doomsday of human origin...hmmm...don't know if I'm going to like that. But I'll wait to see how it's going to be done before saying anything else.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
So, the germ of a mysterious hero running loose in Metropolis has been planted and whispers of "Who is it?" are on the lips of the city.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

This episode did more to furthur Clark along than any episode in some time, loved the beginning with him just listening to the police scanner looking for people to save.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

It's funny, the guy who plays Davis was also on Dexter playing a guy who was a copycat of the real killer and now on this show he IS the real killer and someone else is copying HIM lol.

I personally like how they're handling Davis, you really feel that something evil is boiling inside of him just waiting to explode.

As for next weeks previews we see someone standing atop a building wearing a red cape but I refuse to allow the show to fool me into thinking it's Clark lol, too soon and too easy for that.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
^ About next week: my thought exactly. I even voiced it when the show was over with the BF looking at me like I was nuts. It's all about deception...

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Clark said he and Chloe have been friends eight years. I was under the impression that Clark, Pete and Chloe had basically been the Three Musketeers since grade school. Is that wrong?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I think Chloe had moved to Smallville relatively recently at the start of the series. She wasn't the new kid, but had only been there a year or two as of the premiere.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I was telling a buddy of mine who won't see this episode for a long while about it, going on to list the other...er, enjoyable moments of the season so far (Alan Richson in the premiere, Justin Hartley last week). Crashdown on BSG was always good looking, but Smallville just catapulted Sam Witwer into the stratosphere.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Ah, so I was correct.

What was nice is that they did it in a way that solidly puts Jimmy in the "Clark is not Superman" category, while simultaneously pushing forward Clark's willingness to embrace the Superman persona.

Other aspects of the episode that I really enjoyed: Clark realizing his days of casually wearing red and blue are over - bring on the office suits! Lois' smirk when Clark zipped her up. Lois' determination to get to the bottom of the mysterious hero (which makes it even more important that she has been set up to love Clark and not Superman, though she will no doubt be infatuated with the latter.)

And Chloe/Brainiac - freaky.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Decent episode, though how will Clark's face not match up with Superman's face in the future is anyone's guess.

Also, do the writers not remember how far away Smallville is from Metropolis? They treat it like they are only 10 minutes away or so.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
One other thing: am I wrong, or was that one of the few times we've ever seen Lois and Jimmy working together without someone else around to balance out the relationships?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I know they don't have a lot of options, but Metropolis seems very small with the constantly reused backlot sets. That curved section of street is omnipresent. The alley where the marriage test guy turned on his lights is often seen now, too.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I was wondering that too, the ship has sailed on Clark wearing glasses so the best I can figure is that he will look like a completely different person when he's sporting the Superman curl. :D

Great ep! This new staff in charge of the show are really cooking with gas now, if it were still Gough and Milar in charge we'd still be wallowing in uncertainty and Clark would probably still be on the farm pouting over Lana.

These new people know exactly where to go and they are getting us there. :emoji_thumbsup:

Loved how astute Jimmy was in figuring out about Clark, even if he did give up on it, I especially liked when he called Clark on the rescue at the end..."Who are you trying to kid?".

Jimmy's no fool.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

That was bloody wild. Clark won't approve, obviously, but I think Chloe felt she needed to do something to reassure him the secret was safe after putting it in jeopardy.

Another solid episode from where I sit. The show feels new...almost rejuvenated this year. Gone is the Jor-El/Krypton nonsense we've had for too long and in its place is actual character development and compelling story. S8 is beating S7 hands down right now.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
It appears that you can go to Metropolis from Smallville as quickly as this week's plot dictates.

I can't see Lois doing an interview with Superman and not knowing it is Clark there. I can't even imagine a suitable makeup disguise that would work.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I don't think Chloe killed memory thief, she just overloaded his brain, and basically did a mindwipe, but in the process, it put him in cardiac arrest, but I'm sure the medical staff handled that crisis.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

There is going to have to be a massive mind wipe near the end of this series. Lois knows too much, Perry White knows Clark's name, Chloe knows the secret, the JL is on on it, Lana knows...heck, even the eventual reappearance of Lex is going to require some plot contortions.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, that is getting annoying. They used to actually film more of the city scenes on location in Vancouver(?) a few years ago. But, that seems to have stopped or greatly reduced. Also, they keep using that same night club for every bar and restaurant.

On a side note. All of the these "teases" towards him becoming Supes is just brutal. Its like being really hungry and then seeing a table of food and not being able to eat any of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks