What's new

Smallville season 8 thread (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I have to disagree. I thought it was a lousy way to establish that Chloe is truly over Clark, and that Lois truly loves Clark. Maybe. If she really didn't take off the sensor.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This episode dragged on, even though the writers are doing their best to promote some form of "Moonlighting" vibe between Clark and Lois, unfortunately, the acting isn't up to snuff, and it comes off amateurish.

The Jimmy and Chloe subplot just seems like a non-starter, I don't get any traction in this relationship, no real fire or passion between them.

Now Oliver got used up but good.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I would have been with you 100% on that had the action stayed in the "torture room." Continually leaving to deal with Lois and Clark completely destroyed the tension.

Sooner or later this season, the writers are going to have to finally pay off all the things they're promising: more JL, Chloe powers, Lois/Clark, this epic confrontation with Davis, actually finding Lex. I'm just afraid no matter what they come up with, it won't be satisfying.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
the creators have always said they dont want this to be about lois & clark, that's been done before, or about flying. and now this season is coming up with all this stuff =P. they should just rename smallville "justice league."

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
I'm not so sure Chloe didn't use her Brainiac enhanced powers to fool the lie-detector.

This ep only had one purpose - to establish for Lois and Clark how she really feels about him.

Ready to move on to -- Doomsday! Finally!

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
The original creators are no longer with the show, so thankfully they can ditch that restrictive garbage that had been holding them back the last 3-4 seasons.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
All or most of the people running things have been with the show so long that I doubt if their thinking is that much different. The show has made some promising leaps already this season, though.

I hope Chloe Brainiaced the lie detector test. Unless they are going to radically depart, Jimmy won't be marrying her.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I don't see any problem with Chloe and Jimmy marrying. There are so many changes with various comic Superman stories that this small difference doesn't really matter. Lana Lang was married to Pete Ross at one time in the comics.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i thought the scene between clark&lois came off pretty well. i really liked it. it's just mindless entertainment from season1 =P.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Loving this new Lois and Clark dynamic this season.

It's funny for me to say that because in the past i've stated that in previous seasons Lois and Clark came off more like bickering siblings rather than future love intrests so it's nice to finally see the beginnings of something romantic, and even better that it's making me finally believe that something could happen between those two.

I can take or leave Jimmy and Chloe together, I like Jimmy but like Pat said there's no spark there for me.

And yep, Ollie got used hard! The only thing missing from the morning after scene was him laying in bed while she got ready for work and then him sheepishly and shamefully pulling the sheet up to his chin lol. Tell you what, though, i'd be willing to scratch any itch that woman has, she turns me on like the freakin' kitchen light.

You know what, guys, this isn't going to be a popular opinion but I miss Lana. :frowning: I heard a song today from season one and it made me think of her.

Not saying I miss the whole drama between her and Clark but I just miss Kristen in general, I miss those eyes of hers.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I'd have enjoyed what happened between Lois and Clark more if there were some indication Clark doesn't know what to believe. As it is, he just seemed hopelessly naive enough to accept her explanation (not even accept it -- offer it, then accept her confirmation). The right tone would have been, "She doesn't really love me... does she?"

As for Jimmy and Chloe? Barf inducing.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I took it as him letting her off the hook. I don't think he expected her to come with her own explanation about it.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Right, Greg, that's how I took it.

He decided that instead of making her hopelessly uncomfortable around him he would give her and out and she took it. Clark and her can always pick this up as an issue seriously later.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I took it as him letting her off the hook when he first offered it, but the acting after that left me thinking he actually accepted (believed) the explanation. Regardless, Clark's cluelessness when it comes to women long ago reached a level in this house where I'd completely accept a DVR feature that automatically skips all such moments. There are clueless guys, but nobody is that clueless. Lana, Chloe, Lois. Whatever. But Alicia? Yummy.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I do not think Clark bought the explanation at all. I think he really knows that Lois was just looking for a way out and he played along.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

in what context?
the show or the comic.

she loves clark and suoerman and she knows he is both in comic.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Superman's history is so muddled with all the changes they've made, but I think the classic version is that Lois likes Clark as a friend but falls in love with Superman. His goal is to get her to love him as Clark. I haven't read the stories that led up to the current marriage, but I think I read that he won her over as Clark and only then told her he was also Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks