What's new

Smallville - Season 7 thread (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Eh. Good looks through the whole thing, so at least the eye candy was good. Story line gets kind of a mixed bag.

Lex finds his Angel.. and the Kara and Clark find out there are more kryptonians on earth.. maybe there is something to this invasion scare Lex has in his head after all.

33.1 and other programs are now all the government.. the implication I had before that the government was aware was wrong.. but now they aren't just aware, they are in control.

Freaks of the week story was pretty minimum except to reveal their are other kryptonians.

I really dislike the quick transformation of Lana into super reporter..

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I'm usually able to forgive the show of a lot, and maybe I'm just missing something here and forgetting what happened at the end of last season, but did Lana ever tell Clark on camera that she now know's all about him, or are we left to assume that that conversation occurred during a commercial break?

Again, am I forgetting something from last season?

Otherwise, a pretty mediocre episode. I would have loved it if at the end, right after Lana says the "we can grow old together" line, for Clark to say, "Well, actually, no. And by the way- remember how we stopped having sex the last time we were a couple...?" Lightbulb lights above Lana's head and Clark continues: "Exactly."

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It wasn't an entire waste. The freak of the week subplot may have been a dud, but one thing this episode did was establish the new playing field. We know now where all of the key relationships stand.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
That was almost painful to watch. I thought for a second CW got the tapes mixed up and put America's Next Top Model on instead of Smallville. A rather pointless action plot redeemed only by Lana and Clark's reunion.

This one seemed like treading water until something big happens, like the reveal of the other Kryptonian or something. For all my criticism of Kara, she's growing on me little by little. And Clark is becoming increasingly irrelevant on the show, supplanted by the new Kara storyline and the other characters.

Good to see Jimmy back, wish it was Lois, though. One thing I don't get, though, and maybe I missed it previously: Lana was acting VERY strangely in the scene with Lex. Is it at all possible the real Lana got killed in the explosion and the clone is the one walking around now, controlled to some extent by Lex and/or the government?

Chris

Senior HTF Member

I almost suggested that earlier. I still can't buy that Lana is so smart that she could pull that off.. or have the physical strength. Hell, I'm unsure how she figured out she had a clone and was able to break into the lab to get it... or run off with $10M she embezzled?

They keep stacking these incredible feats on her that she performed and it's pretty hard to buy them all as real.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

All of that coupled with the fact there was no indication Lana EVER had a clone in the finale makes this seem like a story the writers are making up as they go along. Almost as if it was a threat to Kreuk: sign the contract or you stay dead! :) It just doesn't make any sense.

Lex had the dam monitored very closely (as we saw in the training a few episodes beforehand). Lana...small Lana...busted into the lab, stole the full sized clone, got back out of the lab with the clone, had the clone in the driver's seat, blew it up and jumped onto a post office truck? And took $10 million? Which brings to mind: didn't someone reach out their hand to Lana to help her into the moving truck? Who was that?

Chris

Senior HTF Member

Still too simple. Remember, not only did she break in, steal the clone, carry it away, put it in the car, but she also had the mind set to get it dressed in the exact same clothes she was wearing, position it in the car.. and, she had to setup the car bomb, and how she acquired that is also totally unknown.

She also had to figure out how to control the clone so that it wouldn't wake up or anything, since it was supposed to be super powered. Then again, I'm still amazed about the fake pregnancy.. I mean, I thought at one point early she was going to slip away to see about a termination.. but I guess she would have noticed the fact that the baby never moved or that she didn't gain weight (??) I know the hormones to mask the test, but all of the other signs would not change, outside of a rhythm change...

Her subplot just is so contrived, but it would have been a lot easier, honestly, if she were killed off.. or, in a sly wink if she would have BECOME really pregnant after she was diagnosed pregnant and then had Lex's love child.. *laugh*

I don't know, it just seems a long way to go from a girl who didn't go to college, barely made it out of high school, sluffed coffee for months to mastermind such a scheme.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Chris...all of which is why I'm thinking (read: hoping) something/someone else is behind all this. It would make MUCH more sense if the alive Lana was a clone, the real Lana is dead and Lex was behind everything. Otherwise, it was all a waste...

One other thing: Clark now knows from Lana that Lionel blackmailed her into marrying Lex. Why is he not more worried about this? Lionel knows everything about Clark and is MIA right now. Shouldn't this at least raise one red flag?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I thought it was an average episode.

But I did love how Kara's eyes started to light up and was about to use her heat vision when she first saw jimmy.

Also loved how Kara took action and saved both Jimmy and Clark.

I have a feeling Lex is going to find out about Clark(Clark=Superman) at the season finale, since Michael's contract is up at the end of season 7

I know the spoiler about Lana(read the official spoiler) trying to keep mouth zipped:)

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston

While I agree that the Lana story is abolutely ridiculous, I certainly do not want the plot to turn in this direction... a total rehash of the Spider-man plot done all those years ago with Gwen Stacy.

I enjoyed the episode as I find Supergirl super hot. I was almost tempted to put celophane across the TV screen when she came out in that bikini.

:laugh:
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
:D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
This season, a lot of shows seem to be recording late on my DVR. I think I'm only missing seconds, but shows are usually in progress. This time, Clark and Kara were standing at the back of the truck unloading stuff, and Kara was saying something. Is this right about where the show started, or did I miss anything?

I like the Lex stuff in this ep. I get the feeling that Lex is at a turning point, and if Kara would accept his outreach, he'd maybe step back from the edge. She won't, of course. He has to be the villain. But, it's nice that they have brought back that "pull for Lex to not go bad" vibe.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yeah. Through the first 5 1/2 seasons, you could really buy Lex as the force of humanity in the show.. the guy who believed himself to be the last, best hope against invasion.. and then it went all bad as Lex the evil came out :)

But then they start off this season with implications of his continued work with the government which was behind his "evil" projects and then you get him saying he understood he was wrong, giving up on it all together and turning everything to the government, his forgiveness of Lana.. (if it is Lana).

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

I agree. It is as if the writers threw the explanation in there in a couple of sentences and expected fans to believe it.
Sloooopy!

todd s

Senior HTF Member

But, you have no problem with an alien from another planet who is invulnerable, has heat vision, super strengh, super speed and if he would work on it...could fly??? :D ;)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's different. Everything goes to crap with clones. Look at Spider-Man. Now, I read the clone saga in its entirety, and I didn't hate it like most people, but it's certainly not a proud moment in the history of the character. Marvel doesn't even acknowledge the event any more, unless it's as the butt of a joke. I suppose a skilled writer could make something good of cloning, but it's rare to actually see something like that.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I don't have a problem with that because he is precisely that: an alien. Someone not from the Earth. A being whose powers come from the yellow sun.

A lot of the continuity simply doesn't work for the Lana clone story, as already mentioned above. If you're going to do a clone, make it airtight and bulletproof. If not, no need to even try.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Ugh! What a dog of an episode. This is the first dud of the season... "Miss Sweet Corn" indeed! :frowning:

I can't believe the producers are serious about reuniting Clark and Lana Again! Talk about beating a dead horse! :angry:

So, now that Clark knows he can dispose of green Kryptonite with his heat vision, he should never be bothered by it again... Yeah... right...

Lastly, as cool as Clark's body-slam of Kara was in the season opener, her flying kick at the weather twin looked totally lame this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks