What's new

Smallville season 6 (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Oops been away from this thread for a few days...

The eventual idea to have a dual identity ie: bumbling mild mannered glasses wearing Clark/Supes

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Also loved the Peter Pan-esque shot of Lana closing the windows after Clark flutters away.

It does raise questions how a U.S. Senator can have an alien for a son without anybody finding out though.

Definitely continued the momentum of this season, though. Probably the first season of the series where important stuff happens in the majority of the episodes instead of just the premiere and the finale.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I am so getting off on insane Lex, he's so freakin' good at being bad and for the first time EVER i'm actually feeling a tad intimidated by an on-screen Lex Luthor! :cool:

Loved Lana's line to Clark "You'd be surprised at what I know." giving him a not so subtle clue that she's not quite as in the dark as everyone thinks, she's way ahead of the game and she's got a nasty little surprise in store for her darling husband. :)

Didn't really care for the Wes (Wes or Les? can't recall which) stuff, seemed too much like Universal Soldier to me, but with Lex breeding an entire army of those things it should get pretty hairy later. The previews for next week look really good Lana finally sticks it to Lex and let's him know where her heart truly lies and it ain't with him. :) He's not going to be happy about it, though, i'm worried about her now. :frowning: My thoery about either Chloe or Lana's death pushing Clark foreward and causing him to make Lex his sworn enemy may be coming true. :frowning:

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
okay this question may spoiler the BIG SECRET for the next episode, so dont read this if you don't want to know!! But something i'm curious about that happened in the begining of this episode.

Bizzarro Clark is in the finale, with blue jacket and red shirt, you know, opposite of what Clark wears REd jacket and blue shirt, so why did we get Clark in the Bizzaro blue jacket and red shirt when he went to visit Lionel in the begining?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Well, Clark's been alternating his red jacket and blue shirt through the entire series so I didn't read anything into that. I did notice that when Clark is in "Superman mode" he wears his red jacket, obviously representing his red cape and blue shirt representing his blue tights.

I didn't spoilerize my post because everyone knows what Clark wears by now.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Inspector,

okay..
It's so hard to remember something like that, I just never seem to recall him switching jacket/shirt colors like that, not at all. In fact, I dont think he's done it BOTH at same time. Maybe one, but not both.(cause he does wear a blue jacket with a plaid shirt at the end of this recent episode) but since Lionel was decoding the video and symbols, and came up with "mirror" I assumed that Bizzaro Clark walked in. So maybe that was Bizzaro Clark that threatened Lionel??

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I don't think it it was Bizzaro Clark, it was just Clark who happened to be wearing his blue jacket and red shirt that day.

All through the series he'd done that, sometimes he'll wear a red T and blue jacket and sometimes a blue T and red jacket.

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member

Well, maybe you. But Lex Luthor in the 1978 version scared a certain 11 year old, especially when he casually pushed (via remote) an NYPD detective to his death in front of that train. Or dismissed the potential death of millions of people including me, since I was living in Orange County, CA at the time.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This episode started out a little slow, but good grief, it just got more and more insane, with the body count going up, and the introduction of Bizarro!

Thank goodness at least this show is coming back next season, no way you could end a show with a "to be continued" placard. :D

It was a strange way to combine the best bits of Chloe and Lois, though.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Best damn finale ever!!

Lana. :frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning:

So, Chloe's power was that she could heal others and even bring them back to life but it drained her own life force? That's how I took it anyway.

Lionel is now officially back on my cool list and finally I think he'll stay there, I find myself thinking about what Jonathan would think about this turn of events, the tyrant he once knew and thought could never be trusted is becoming one of Clark's greatest allies. :)

So much went down in this ep, dare I say that the finale of Heroes has got some competition. :eek: The big brawl between Clark and bizzarro Clark was epic on a level I hadn't seen since Neo and agent Smith squared off for the final time...waiting for next season is going to be pure hell for me! :frowning:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was kinda smirking through that homage to Matrix Revolutions between Clark and not-Clark. Now, where to find some Blue Kryptonite...

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
There was also some pretty startling amounts of gut-ripping and bloodletting in this one. :eek:

It's actually sad when you realize that this episode of Smallville probably contained more blood and guts than the upcoming Live Free or Die Hard yet that movie got hit with a PG-13. But I digress.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I really wasn't feeling the finale anticipation like I had in previous seasons, but tonight's finale was just nutty and over-the-top, making my jaw more than once in the episode, and all the while just eating all of it up.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Wow, really? I didn't think much of it. Chloe=Worst. Super Power. Ever. Nothing like healing someone and dying for it. Speaking of which, "Someone will die! Tune in in three months to find out who it was." It certainly won't be Lana. Either the director framed that scene really bizarrely, or she got in the panel truck and faked her death.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
There's got to be more to Chloe's power than that.

You have a point about Lana and it makes perfect sense, she knew that as long as she was alive Lex would never stop looking for her and that truck going by at that exact moment has to mean something.

But, that means if Lana is alive, and we were promised a death, than Chloe is really dead? :frowning: Guess we'll see in a few months.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I bet Lionel helped orchestra Lana's exit. "It's the only way Clark will be able to let you go." I hope a faked death satisfies their promise of a death, and they don't hold Chloe to it. All that buidup just to have a sacrifice power seems like a waste. But, it could happen. Chloe could now serve as the girl who sacrificed herself to save the woman Clark eventually falls in love with. Kind of an empty sacrifice, since she didn't even know she was doing it. But, Chloe would give her life for Lois, Clark, or Lana.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks