What's new

Smallville season 6 (1 Viewer)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
yeah but this clark+lana thing has just become so tiresome. he has ALREADY gotten together with lana. they've broken up and now it's just time to move on.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Clark still has a major case of what I like to call the Some Kind of Wonderful syndrom, he's still in love with his, what he thinks is anyway, his ideal woman when his best friend is right there in the wings and he can't see it. When he finally comes to grips with Chloe and the fact that she is in love with him than I think that the Lana thing will come to an end.

Now, that's my theory, Gough and Milar may just drag this thing out until the end of time. :D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Heh. There are all these embarrassing "Veronica loves Logan" videos on YouTube. Maybe we ought to put together a "Clark loves Chloe" video with Survivor providing the music. It actually fits very well:

How can I convince you what you see is real
Who am I to blame you for doubting what you feel
I was always reachin', you were just a girl I knew
I took for granted the friend I have in you

I was living for a dream, loving for a moment
Taking on the world, that was just my style
Now I look into your eyes
I can see forever, the search is over
You were with me all the while

Can we last forever, will we fall apart
At times it's so confusing, these questions of the heart
You followed me through changes and patiently you'd wait
Till I came to my senses through some miracle of fate

Now I look into your eyes
I can see forever, the search is over
You were with me all the while

Now the miles stretch out behind me
Loves that I have lost
Broken hearts lie victims of the game
Then good luck it finally struck
Like lightning from the blue
Every highway leading me back to you

Now at last I hold you, now all is said and done
The search has come full circle
Our destinies are one
So if you ever loved me
Show me that you give a damn
You'll know for certain
The man I really am

Then I touched your hand, I could hear you whisper
The search is over, love was right before my eyes

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
:laugh: I was just listening to that song today while I was doing housework!
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

It's on one of my mixes, sue me. :D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Hey, I'm a Survivor fan. Any band that is manly enough to perform on the soundtracks of not one but two Rocky films is nothing to be ashamed about.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
just had a chance to catch onthe last 3 or 4 eps. i have to say, Justice was so exciting! just the fact that we're seeing live action versions of so many comic book heroes :D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Oh yeah, it's clear that Gough and Milar's intention was to temporarily abandon the Clark/Lex/Lana triangle and just make a pure comic book episode and they pulled it off in spades.

By far the best action-oriented episode of the entire series thus far.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Believe me, I feel ya! I don't know what the hold up is, if Gough and Milar are waiting for him to become Supes before he flies ala Donner's film than we may never see Clark fly, but I hope they're aware that in the comics he flew for the first time after his dog Rusty jumped on him and pushed him over a ravine.

I've said it a million times and I would say it right to Gough and Miler's faces if I could..."no flights, no tights" is bullshit! :angry: I mean we've seen Kal El fly so what's the big deal? Personally I think we'll see him fly next season maybe, I think that they're saving that for last.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
He ought to absolutely have to fly as part of his fight against the phantoms. Each fight ought to require him to develop a skill that he will use as Superman. And, when the hell will he GET to the freaking phantoms? I'm tired of him saying, "I have to fight these phantoms before I can do anything," but then he doesn't go fight them. Watch all of that happen between episodes, when we don't see it.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Tell me about it! It's almost like he goes "I must go fight these phantoms! But not today, eh, looks like rain, maybe tomorrow." lol. Although he did kill one in the ep before last, wasn't that doctor one of them?

Hey, wouldn't it be cool if the Martian Manhunter is the one who gives him the curiosity and courage to try flying?

BTW, Greg, what the hell is that in your avatar lol?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Hehe. It's called a Spee, or a Spee-Lunker. They were little animated figures in a late, lamented Six Flags Over Texas ride called The Spee-Lunker Cave. According to legend, Walt Disney went through the Cave, loved it, and went back to Disney World and had his own version created. You know it as the Pirates of the Caribbean. And Six Flags, in its ultimate wisdom, replaced this ride with a brightly-lit Looney Tunes ride. It's been 16 years, but I'm not getting over it. :frowning:

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
You know, I'm not immersed in either the history of the Superman comic or the show Smallville, but Clark flying doesn't rate at all on my concern meter. If it comes down to him flying to determine whether this series ends up being worth the investment or not, I'll say they've failed in ways that go beyond flight. If they want to make the story without flights/tights, fine by me. Just make them good stories.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
You could make a successful series about Peter Parker before he was bitten by a spider, but people want to see the powers. I don't think it's unreasonable after six and a half years to ask to see them start incorporating the things Superman is known for.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It's not like they haven't made any progress... the only things really missing at this point is the alter ego, the Metropolis address, flights, and tights. Lex is evil, the Fortress is built, he has all of his superpowers except for flight, he's fought with other heroes, he's met Lois, he's met Jimmy, he's actively investigating suspicious circumstances. This is hardly boy Clark, farmhand, that we're talking about.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

That's not what I meant to imply, most people who watch the show were Superman fans to begin with and to us, well, me anyway, flying is one of the powers which defines Superman besides super strength and super speed and the mere fact that we've been deprived of that large staple of Superman lore makes us ancy for it.

It's hanging out there teasing us and we just want it to happen that's all, it would simply be cool, it has nothing to do with determining whether or not the show is a success with us, for many it already is a success and as we get closer to Clark becoming the man of tomorrow I feel that it's time to get him up, up and away already. As for the stories, IMO the show is chock full of great stories and it's also managed to give us the greatest and most complex and multi-facited Lex Luthor ever written about or filmed (neither Hackman nor Spacey can hold a candle to what Michael Rosenbaum has accomplished IMO) and also the deepest backstory for how Superman turned out the way he did.

To this Superman fan, in many ways, Smallville is at the end of the day THE definitive story of how Clark Kent became Superman, that's how the show will be remembered with me.

And yes, Adam, they have made progress, what people sometimes forget to remember is that everything that Clark goes through on the show helps him learn lessons and makes him a stronger person morally not just physically and he's learned so much. Believe me, seeing and remembering all that he's gone through is what drives my love of the show and it's also one of the things that I like doing after every episode, figuring out what he learned in any given ep that he will use as Supes.

That's part of the fun for me.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Season Four was losing me but the last two brought me back. I think the ideal way to end the series remains a recreation of the first shot of Christopher Reeve as Superman flying out of the Fortress, only with Welling in the suit. If they give us an actual episode of Welling Superman before leaving us hanging out to dry, I'd just about die.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
John's saying what I'm saying. I'm a fan of the show, no matter what. But, I just want the big power to come into play. We've gotten little samples, like when he was Kal-El, and that makes it all the less fair that we can't have it as a regular thing on the show. The main thing is, when Raya and Oliver both asked Clark what the hell he was doing by not doing anything, it rang true for both the character and the audience. That's why it's a little frustrating that the Zoner thing doesn't seem to be a pressing, urgent thing for either the writers or the character. I took hunting them down as the thing that would mold Clark into the actual Superman identity. I want to be careful to make it clear that the events of the show and the way he was raised are what have already molded him into what Superman is about. The Zoners and the example of the embryonic Justice League are what I hope will make him want to put on a costume and be a hero for the world. Doesn't mean he actually has to be Superman on the show for a season, even though that would be nice.

Oh, and unless the jump on Crimson counts, I think Chloe deserves to be the one to take a first flight with Clark. She's mostly stuck with him through thick and thin--we'll forget the little betrayal she contemplated when Clark unknowingly spurned her in Fever, I think it was--and she's been a great confidant since finding out the truth. They'll probably somehow make sure it's Lois getting a proper flight, unfortunately.

Mark Butler

Stunt Coordinator
I have been lurking in these season threads for a long time and this last episode made me want to post finally.

I have a 20 dollar bet with a friend that we will never see Clark fly (Kal-El doesnt count). I have a 100 dollar bet that we will never see Welling as Superman on the show. I believe that the writers are going to use Chloe's death (that's another 10 bet) as the impetus for Clark deciding to use his powers in public. The reason that Clark can't get over Lana is the writers always have Clark blaming himself for his problems with relationships and Lana is always portrayed as being guilt free (ie Clark blames himself for driving her into the arms of Lex). The writers need to give Clark a real reason not to trust her, make her betray him in someway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks