What's new

Smallville Season 4 thread (1 Viewer)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, if Smallville went off the air it would actually continue to grow in popularity over the next ten years, and it would be syndicated in all markets with weekend marathons and tons of shirts and toys available all over the place. :laugh:

Smallville is not Star Trek.

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor

I didn't say it was Star Trek (although IMO, other than TNG, Star Trek hasn't ever been that enjoyable to watch). I was mearly stating that there have been TV shows that transitioned into movies. I'm not going to argue though because your stance on Welling as Superman in the movies has been made quite clear in the Superman movie thread.

As for Star Treks popularity, I seem to recall reading that it was not very popular during it's inital run. I may be wrong about that, but that is what I remember reading. If I'm wrong about that though please feel free to correct me.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
Small nitpick - according to her gravestone Chloe is 17 years old.

Since all the "kids" have been driving cars since season one they should be 19 by now.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Some states allow 15 year olds to drive (I thought Louisiana was one of those states).

So no one has checked out that IMDB link and dug further? Tsk tsk!

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
So... who wants the guess the next color of Kryptonite that will come out of absolutely nowhere next time we're in a jam? :thumbsdown:

Great premiere, but I still don't trust the writers one bit. Let's see how the first few eps go this season... I was this close to giving up during the last.

That's why they call it Smallville :D.

--
H

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor

I've even seen House of the Dead (shame on me, I know).

Not to start a discussion on that subject - but either she's had surgery between House of the Dead and Smallville or she has a few issues of the Daily Planet stuffed in her bra. :D

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member

Transitioning into movies 10 years after the fact with an ever-increasing cult following is not the same thing as transitioning into movies with a currently active, mid-rated show.

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor

Maybe my math is wrong, but I don't recall a 10 year window between TNG series and TNG films starting up. Matter of fact, it was the same year.

No one is saying Smallville is a #1 show, but name me 1 other actor in the appropriate age range who could do this role more justice in the movie than Welling.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Okay, guys, we have a thread on the casting of Superman for the film in the movie area, please use that thread. Let's keep this thread about the TV show. Thanks.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston

Actually, that's exactly what it looked like to me. Still, a good choice for Lois.

I enjoyed it as well, but rolled my eyes with the black kryptonite bit.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member

In many states, including Kansas, you can get a school permit at 14. People using a school permit as if it were a regular license is very common.

However, this does mean Chloe's in the same grade as Clark et al, which means she was in charge of the school paper as a freshman. How'd she pull that off?

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I didn't quite give up, but the show annoyed me even more than in the past. This premiere was good though. At least Lana is being somewhat useful, i.e. sweaty, naked, and in the shower. But Lois was better, for the reasons you mentioned. She looked particularly good when she went to visit Ma Kent in the kitchen. Anyone know how tall she is?

Funny how they got the "bird, plane" and "nerdy guy with glasses" in. However, unless this clearly changes the mythology in that in the future, Lois can't not know the new nerdy reporter named Clark Kent with the glasses.

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor

If 27 makes me a young lad then I'll take it as a compliment instead of the insult it hinted at.

As for which Star Trek he meant, he should have specified since there are people in the world who find TNG to be far superior. Anyway, I was just making a point of rebuttle for a now dead topic so we'll drop it.

MichaelD

Stunt Coordinator
Patrick, you are correct. The age in LA to get your license used to be 15. I think they changed it 4 or 5 years ago.

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor
Lionel told Clark about the room in the mansion Lex had set up devoted to the crash on the bridge, the meteor rocks, etc... All the stuff he was looking into that also pertained to Clark. Clark saw the room and told Lex their friendship was over.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
In the season finale, Clark found Lex's secert Clark obsessed shrine and it broke up their friendship.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks