What's new

Smallville season 3 (1 Viewer)

Sebastien S

Second Unit
Just got this today. I open it up and the 4th disc is off the hub and free inside the case (the "exact" same thing happened to me when season 2 was released... Even the same damn disc!) and as a result was somewhat scratched.

It's not too bad but I can't stand it having any scratches at all... Especially when it's brand new! I'm sending it back.

At least it wasn't missing it's booklet/insert.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Geez. My season two, disc four (if that's the one with Chloe on the disc; I honestly don't remember for sure) was off the hub and scratched, too. Queen Claw at Best Buy ripped open my replacement set, and I have been leery about buying from them again. They're cheapest this time out, so I hope I get lucky. I better shake it and see what I hear.

Clay_E

Second Unit
Well, I went to Best Buy to get the advertised mini-poster of Tom Welling and Christopher Reeve which was supposed to come with the DVD. After checking with (in this order) the employees in the DVD department, the checkout clerk, the DVD department again, and one of the managers, no one knew anything about it, despite the fact that their ad circulars clearly indicated it was available. The manager finally did some "checking" and told me that the mini-posters were all packaged inside the DVD set. God knows what possessed me, but I took her word for it and bought a copy.

No poster. No mention of one. And no more sales for Best Buy.

Keith_inBR

Auditioning
Same story in Baton Rouge, LA as in Los Angeles.
Nobody knew anything about the poster except what was printed in the circular. None of the dvds had any special packaging noted on the outside, and none felt like they had anything extra. What good is an advertised special if nobody in your retail outlets knows anything about them?

Clay_E

Second Unit
Well, I feel a *little* better...it was actually pretty funny in one respect; the clerk who was ringing up my sale told me sort of on the sly that the whole store was full of idiots. Which I knew already, having shopped at Best Buy before, but it was still refreshing hearing someone actually admit it!

Rob T

Screenwriter
I'll be picking it up at the post office tomorrow morning. :emoji_thumbsup:
I hope all the discs are on the hubs.

Moore Maxx

Stunt Coordinator
Same story here in Wisconsin. I asked two different clerks about the poster and they both had to double check the flyer to find out what I was talking about. I finally gave up and as I was at the register the clerk said that they had opened an hour earlier today so probably they sold out of the poster.

Yeah right................I'm supposed to believe that?

Glad to have the box set anyway.

Maxx

Shane D

Supporting Actor
i got mine at best buy too. none had posters.
and one of the plastic holders in the set was cracked. but all the discs were on the hubs

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Bummer about the mini poster. For my Birthday my friend gave me a poster that was available only in malls of Clark flying from the season premiere. I dont know where I am going to put it because it is Huge but it sure is cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks