What's new

Smallville S3 finale "Covenant" 5/19/2004 (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I don't like one speculation, from a few fans over at Kryptonsite talk forum, which is a slight possibility, but in NOW WAY better happen.

The last few minutes, specifically, with Chole exploding, was all in Lionel's mind.

The writers/producers, can't be that weak.
It would totally suck!!

Evan M

Second Unit
JohnS, I don't think that's a possibility.

From the official site, there is a "newspaper article" about the explosion. Something definitely blew up.

Bruce_S

Second Unit
After Kara showed Clark of her flying ability and mentioned it to him. Forget the "no tights, no flight' for next season. They can't make Clark become this stupid guy, with all these powers and leave his flying ability to go on for another season without being discover.

I'm looking forward to next season and see the 'reborn' Clark...

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

Reborn can mean..erasing his memory of knowledge of flight, breakup of friendship with Lex, and give him the knowledge he seeks, to a more refined Clark/Superman
Maybe clark will be given Super Breath.

Flight and Super Breath are the only two powers left right??

Shaun

Second Unit
Super Breath really isn't a new ability, it's just a result of his powerful lungs. It has nothing to do with his senses. Flight makes more sense.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I thought "Super Breath" was the "Super Cold Breath", where Clark can sort of freeze things by blowing on them. It's among his lamer abilities.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's both, sometimes Clark just needs to blow things away, and other times he can also freeze them with his breath.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I never really liked super breath. It was always a lame crutch for the silver-age writers to lean on when they were grasping for stories. Powers like these (there were others that I don't really remember... super farting maybe? I mean, if his lungs are strong, so is his lower intestine/rectum, right? :D) made a lot of the silver-age stories very very sucky.

I'm hoping that Gough & Miller don't try and envoke this power next season in one of the transitional episodes. I'll probably spend an hour snickering & watching the shark swim away.

Moe.

Evan M

Second Unit
I"d like to see him trying to fly throughout the season... like jumping off buildings and stuff... I can just see the "Clark-shaped" craters surrounding the barn.. LOL

Oh.. maybe he'll just learn he can jump super high.

But, anyways, with possible him learning to fly being in the next season finale or something.. would be a good segway into a movie.

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
I always wondered why Clark never played with jumping? The only times I remember Clark jumping was while playing basketball with Pete. And his big leap of faith from the Daily Planet to the LutherCorp building. I mean, kids jump don't they? You would think when Clark was running around the farm at the age of five or six. He would have jumped a fence, barn or cow? :)

Clark also saw an ability from Kara that I've never seen before.... Disintegration. Where did that come from?

Didn't Kara also tell Clark while they were flying that Clark was influencing the flying?

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

Yeah, and Chris Carter said once that Mulder and Scully would never link up romantically and they ended up having a child together.

What they say now has little to do with what they will do later.

Phil Dally

Stunt Coordinator
A few people have asked about the fire in the Kents back yard. You are obviously from rural areas and don't know much about street gangs.

I wager Lionel has paid off some gang from Metropolis to wreak havok on Smallville and to terrorize the Kents.

Judging from the firey gang symbol, I imagine it was a gang like the krypts.

:D

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
This Chloe thing is driving me nuts.

here are some of the possibilities.

1. Chloe IS dead (not at all a possibility, but had to throw it in)
2. Chloe jumps out before explosion (highly unlikely, if so, its weak writting)
3. There was a safe compartment in the house, where it kept Chloe safe, and stagged her death, with the Help of Lex.
4. All in the mind of Lionel Luthor(a fantasy/dream sequence, AGAIN not a possibilty, since it was reported there was an 'actual' explosion)

Am I missing something???

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member

That's a pretty interesting quote, isn't it? It kind of insinuates that they'd been thinking about killing her off anyway.

I just don't see why it's an impossibility that she's dead. I mean, if you're not going to give ANY weight to the creators and writers, what's the point of even paying attention to their quotes?

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Because, when pressed with the daunting task of having to create 22 hours of televission in 10 months (half the time a two hour feature film gets) then it's possible they might change their minds.

The producers of Frasier said they'd never parade old Cheers cast members through, but just about everyone of them were.

The logic is that many producers have said one thing, and done another.

Besides, if you were the writers and you were planning on making the big surprise that Chloe turned into Lois, would you just come out and say, yeah, you're right! That'd ruin it all. And being evasive on the subject is as good as admission these days.

Joss Whedon has been known to put contrary information out on the internet, why can't these guys?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks