What's new

Smallville - S2, episode 2... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Damn, forgot the spoilers ahoy warning tag...

I missed a few episodes first season, one or two, so I didn't know if he had developed the heat vision yet. Guess this one answers my question.

But as far as this episode, and the previews for the next go... it's about danged time! This one really cut it close with the 'Clark coincidences'. I mean, no one brings up the bullet that was shot, but didn't connect with anything. Or the fact that the door handle suddenly became superheated. Perhaps another possible error, although giving the fright of the situation, it's overlookable, Lana not looking at Clark as he shoots eyebeams at the wall...

All I can say is, this has to be the 'hottest' show on TV now. Boom, Boom, Boom. One good episode after another. I only hope Birds of Prey, sans Batman, can be this interesting.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Very good episode, i missed the season premier however (can somebody fill me in on what happeened?).

Yeah tehre were a lot of those plot holes you mentioned. The mini-cliffhanger at the end of this episode will make me want to watch next week. But i highly doubt they'll get Lana to get together with Clark this quickly into the season.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Um, there was no cliff-hanger. Unless I'm much mistaken, they just opted not to show Lana basically restating what she'd told Clark a minute earlier.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I also laughed in the 1st part of the episode, using heat vision as a metaphor for Clark's sexual arousal to trigger his new power.
The cut (between commercial) from Clark burning up the dummy to him gaining pinpoint control of his heat vision was a bit to awkward. What exactly does Clark think about to cool off his heat vision? That's never made clear (perhaps he thinks about "baseball"). :D
Having Krista Allen in the episode as a femme fatale/black widow is right up her alley (caught her in the same sort of role on Mutant X over the summer reruns). She's so easy on the eyes and flat out gorgeous. Can't blame Lex for falling under her spell.
The love triangle between Clark/Chloe/Lana will be drawn out, but at least the 2 girls are talking about it, and not getting all jealous about it...yet. I think Lana got more beautiful over the summer, and Chloe is still her spunky self (even though she's still not over Clark in a big way).
Pete definitely got his growth spurt over the summer. He'll be the one that grows up on the show physically. Tom Welling's already like 25, so unless he hits the weights more, he won't have those growth spurts that happen to young actors still in their late teen years.
I took the last scene as Lana recording for Whitney a "Dear John" video.

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
I only saw the first 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes and I still thought it was a great show. (Especially the eye candy at the beginning. :D )
I'll have to catch it again this Sunday.

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
I doubt that anything will happen between Clark and Chloe again. Everyone knows who Clark really likes.

Chloe will move on. She seems to be taking on the role of Lana Lang in the comics.

Roberto Carlo

Second Unit
She seems to be taking on the role of Lana Lang in the comics.
I'm sorry, but I just have to ask: then which role is Lana Lang taking? :)
Seriously, it seems that Chloe is Lois Lane -- maybe that is what you meant -- and that once Clark "gets over" his thing for Lana, then Chloe/Lois is the logically permanent resting place for his affections.

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
Hmmm, good point Roberto.

I guess I still think Lois Lane is a character this will appear down the road. Someone new that Clark will meet in Metropolis.

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator
Which raises a good question; how far will they take the show? What if the show runs for 10 years? Isn't Clark a senior in High School now? It can't be long before he becomes Sups. I wonder if this will be covered in the show. I guess time will tell.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm beginning to think Smallville High is a 3-year high school, where Clark and company were freshmen last year, but now they are juniors this year, and next year, they will be seniors. No sophomore classification.

Clark was clearly considered a freshman because he got the Scarecrow treatment out in the fields last season, and that's an "honor" reserved for freshmen.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I was disapointed that there were no read laser beams coming out of his eyes. The new effect is cool, but not Supes. Still, I can see why they did it this way... having red laser beams shooting out of his eyes would be impossible for even the oblivious Smallville residents to overlook. Perhaps the heat vision will "mature" into the laser beam style as the series comes to a close.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Great episode.

I love the heat vision effect. And that bullet time scene at the end was awsome too. I know it's been used everywhere ever since The Matrix did it, but it's still cool to look at.

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
Wow, what a surprise to hear an Avril Lavigne song at the end! My current favorite singer on my current favorite TV show :)
Marc.

ChrisLee

Stunt Coordinator
Adam, that would have been a good idea. Have the heat vision evolve from heated jets of air to focused lasers as he matured. An evolution of the heat vision would have at least given Supes time to master the skill in a logical way.
Wasn't to thrilled with the climax. Clark just mastered heat vision far to easily. It should have been handled like how his flying ability is handled...with baby steps. I mean going from no control to melting an in-flight bullet? Please...
Oh and I've heard Chloe is Lois's cousin or something. Any confirmation? I just can't see Clark & Chloe ending so soon before it began. Oh well. Its the relationships with obsticles that keep people watching. Clark & Lana angle is a forgone conclusion so why worry about that? So from this moment on I declare myself a Clark/Chloe shipper! Tho I foresee rough tides for this particular ship :frowning:.

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
I thought the way they showed the heat vision was terrific. After all, it's always been HEAT vision, not RED LASER vision. The only reason it's always been shown as red is because you can't draw the rippling of heat going through the air in a comic book. The only solution was to give it a color so we, the readers, could see what the heck Supes was doing. My brother and I (comic geeks) nearly flipped when we saw heat vision look like actual HEAT. It was perfect... no need to evolve it into laser vision.

My only problem with the episode was how simply they explained that what's-her-name had been taken into custody at the end. Couldn't she have just asked the cops to let her go, pretty-please, leaving them powerless to her will?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks