Smallville from the beginning

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by LanieParker, Oct 3, 2004.

1. LanieParker

LanieParker Supporting Actor

The family channel is airing Smallville five nights a week at 7 PM starting tomorrow. I am definitely tuning in. ANyone else who missed it the first time around?

2. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

Even better, catch it in HD on HDNet.

Now if only Comcast would pick them up...

3. Shane S.

Shane S. Stunt Coordinator

I'll try and catch the ones Ive missed. they had a mini marathon on two days ago with a "backstage" special. Had some decent intervies.

4. LanieParker

Loved, loved the pilot of Smallville. I have my VCR set to tape it each day.

*could very well end up being a tv on dvd purchase*

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Let's see if you feel that way after 10 straight episode of the FOTW (Freak of the week) that plagued this show early on...

6. LanieParker

Oh don't say that. lol.

I thought for a pilot it was very well done. I've actually seen two other episodes (not sure which seasons they were from) and enjoyed them. I am hoping that I enjoy this series as much as my friends have.

7. phil-w

phil-w Stunt Coordinator

Well....it was the lure of HDTV that drew me in to watch the pilot on HDNET, and I can say that I was quite surprised with how good it is. I watched the first two episodes, and will record more, if HDNET and or my HDTivo fixes their program guide.

BTW, it is really stunning in HD. Some of the best I have seen in a regular program.

8. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    If you get the DVDs, you dont have to fast forward through the commercials.

9. Evan M

Evan M Second Unit

You may even be able to check out the DVDs from your local Library, if they have them. That's how I watched Season 1. And even though my library charges like $1 for 5 days for normal movies, since this is a TV Series on video, for some reason they didn't charge me. Coulda been a fluke, but I'm not complaining.

10. LanieParker

Well, second episode aired last night and it wasn't all that great. The whole spider/insect/bugman thing just wasn't even interesting. How odd that it went straight to that after such a good first episode.

Hope the 3rd is better. I'm starting to dread what some of you have mentioned about the freak of the week episodes.

11. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I have better memories of season 2.

12. LanieParker

eh... so I'm sort of luke warm about the show. You guys were definitely right about the whole Freak of the Week thing and I am starting to realize that this may not be my cup of tea.

The pilot was really good. Then episode two and three just didn't do anything for me. I had such high hopes for this show. Tell me how long the freak of the week things lasts, because I am still hanging in there hoping that they get to a good story with Lex Luther.

13. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

Freak of the week (fotw) lasts for about half the 1st season if i remember correctly.

14. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey

Just wait till the last few episodes of Season 1 and it takes off and then season 2 gues really good.

15. LanieParker

Glad we stuck it out and kept watching. The show is one of our favorites now. I am really bummed however, that the family channel put it on hold for their 25 days of x-mas programming. We are tempted to buy the sets.

I'm a Lex girl!