What's new

Smallville DVD release (1 Viewer)

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Hi,
I'd say it's a safe bet that the DVD will be widescreen. I just did a quick search at the BBFC (British Board of Film Classification) website, http://www.bbfc.co.uk. There are already a few extras for the DVD that have been classified:
SMALLVILLE - DVD - MAP SEGMENT SMALLVILLE HIGH SCHOOL
SMALLVILLE - DVD MAP SEGMENT: KENT FARM
SMALLVILLE - DVD MAP SEGMENT: MAIN STREET
SMALLVILLE - DVD MAP SEGMENT: LEX'S ESTATE
SMALLVILLE - DVD - DELETED SCENES
FYI, the deleted scenes are:
00:00:06:21 | DELETED SCENES
00:01:20:01 | ROSS' AT THE CREAMED CORN FACTORY - PILOT EPISODE
00:00:18:24 | JOCKS AND THEIR TRUCKS - PILOT EPISODE
00:00:42:06 | PRINCIPAL KWAN CONFRONTS JEREMY - PILOT EPISODE
00:00:53:16 | LEX MEETS GABE SULLIVAN IN THE FERTILIZER PLANT - PILOT EPISODE
00:00:47:03 | PETE AND CHLOE OUTSIDE OF THE HOMECOMING DANCE - PILOT EPISODE
00:00:54:17 | PETE HAS BREAKFAST WITH THE KENTS
00:01:28:05 | MARTHA AND JONATHAN DISCUSS CLARK'S POWERS
If you click on any of the classified extras it says near the top of the screen: DVD additional material Widescreen
So I'd say: if the extras are in widescreen, so's the episode. And I bet if the R2 is widescreen, so's the R1.
Cheers,
Chris

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
THere's also another version of the pilot which I have thathas a different actress playing Ma Kent before they wisely switched to O' Toole

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
THere's also another version of the pilot which I have thathas a different actress playing Ma Kent before they wisely switched to O' Toole
Cynthia Ettinger is the name you're trying to think of:

Guest Starring Roles

The Court - - Life Sentence (2002)

Family Law - Lisa Sawyer - The Quality of Mercy (2001)

Providence - - The Gift (2000)

Titus - Betty - Tommy's Girlfriend (2000)

Providence - - The Unsinkable Sydney Hansen (2000)

Felicity - Janice Long - Help for the Lovelorn (2000)

The Practice - Unknown - Blowing Smoke (2000)

Touched by an Angel - Rebecca - Into the Fire (1999)

ER - Mrs. Powell - The Gift (1994)

Seinfeld - Michelle - The Parking Garage (1991)

Smallville - Martha Kent - Pilot (0)

The Court - Charlene Grissom

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Adam,

This whole thread is about a R1 (sounds like Canada only) release of the disc.

As I posted above, the information Warner sent me indicates it will be a 16x9 and Full Frame presentation on the same disc.

Gord

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I say Canada only because it was Warner Canada that sent me the release and the information isn't up on the US site, nor is any US site reporting on it. Sounds like it'll be a Canadian only release that our friends to the South will have to import.

I've sent an email to Warner Canada asking them if it's indeed a Canadian only release and I'll share any information I get from this in this thread.

Gord

Rob T

Screenwriter
Hopefully, the Wal-marts up here will carry it. If not then I might just have to go to St. Catharines to pick it up. :)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
What is the point really of a Canada only release?? It is not like they are a different region or tv system(pal,ntsc)? It is like 2 stores next to each other one can sell it and another cannot. Everyone will just go to the store they can buy it and the other store gets hurt. So a lot of people will buy it from the Canadian etailers and the American etailers will suffer. Makes no sense.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Gord: Shit, if it's Canada only, I'll drive up across the border and pick it up. Assuming it's not a Quebec French only release:), it'd be way worth it to me. I've never ordered from a Canadian DVD website, but I doubt I'd have too much of a problem importing... only question would be the shipping costs. Well, the drive would be a bit much for one DVD, but I have relatives about 20 minutes from the border who could ship it to me.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Adam, I recommend Link Removed for your Canadian purchasing experience. Burt Reynolds does, too! REALLY! :)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Todd, I'm not really sure what the point is. On some releases the Canadian distribution rights are owned by another company, but that's not the case here. There are Canadian only releases of "Beast Wars" put out by Alliance Atlantis and now Rhino is releasing the show as well. The Canadian releases contain 7 episodes while the Rhino release has 6.
Adam,
The disc is being released with French packaging and also contains a French audio track. Remember, the US dollar is STRONG right now. The suggested retail price of the disc is $19.95 Canadian which works out to $12.56 US. Now that's the SUGGESTED price, not what you'd pay. I'm guessing you'll be able to pick it up for around $16 CAN which would be a whopping $10 US + shipping.
Gord

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
So, Gord, have warner said anything about a full season Region1 release? Is there still an issue of syndication or are they waiting to see how big interest and sales are of this pilot episode release?

Dan

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, it took so long to reply, but I had a 20 min laughing fit.

No Dan, the only information they sent me was for the single disc.

Gord

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I got an email from Warner Canada confirming that this is indeed a Canadian only release.

They also mentioned that the artwork isn't finalized, but the artwork on the 'net is close to what it will look like.

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks