What's new

Smallville DVD- Looks Great! (1 Viewer)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Alright, this isn't very scientific at all, but here's how I determined the picture to include MORE info as opposed to being cropped.

There's a "Storyboard to Screen" function which shows some storyboards and scenes from the show. The scenes are 1.33, so I took some screen caps of them and compared them to the 1.78:1 scenes in the feature "movie". The movie contained more information on the left and right of each still shot from the "storyboard to screen" extra.

I know, I know...not scientific, but it was all I could go on.

Gord

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
RobW said:
Strangely enough, the Smallville scenes for SUPERMAN - THE MOVIE were also shot in Canada!
Just had to add to this... ;)
Those scenes were shot in my area. Not only that, but the majority of Superman III (I know...bad movie...) was shot here in my city (Calgary) and the surrounding area. You can actually see our distinctive Calgary Tower in a few shots...oops. (I love how Supes takes off in Calgary, and is suddenly flying over New York.)
I remember them shooting on a downtown street when I was a kid. I got to watch Superman "fly" across a street and land on a cab that was full of water. :D
On the Smallville note...think I'll venture down to Future Shop this weekend...although I haven't picked up STTNG Season 3 yet...so it could be an expensive weekend. ;)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Hey, is there a way I can hide this thread from my girlfriend's web browser? (she occasionally browses the HTF and LOVES Smallville).
Okay, I'll bite and try to import this for her. It's the least I can do since she basically lets me buy all my movies (hey, it is MY money after all). :D

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
I finally got the Smallville DVD yesterday...so here I am reporting back as I said I would. :)
I ordered from DVDSoon.com and they held the order for about 5 days. Then I emailed them and asked what the delay was. They apologized and said they've been overwhelmed and shipped it immediately. Then it took another 10 days to get to me. But it arrived in great condition, so no major complaints. This is my first time importing from Canada, so I don't really know what to expect as far as shipping time.
I watched the DVD last night and I'm very pleased with it. The colors looked great. The local cable broadcasts had been pushing the reds extremely high. Then, due to programming conflicts, I had been taping the show and watching it later, which pushed the reds even further. So it was nice to finally watch it without the reds screaming out at you.
The DD5.1 sound was fun and was put to good use. The center channel levels seemed a little low, but it could just be my really lame center speaker. I know I need to upgrade it, but compared to other movies, the levels seemed weak.
I haven't had a chance to view the extras yet, I'll probably get to those later tonight or tomorrow.
Overall a great DVD for a great show! :emoji_thumbsup: A "must own" for any Superman fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks