What's new

Smallville Cast Changes for Season 4? (Possible Spoilers) (1 Viewer)

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
I hope they lose Pete completely and turn Lionel into a recurring character.

Pete is the most useless character since since Xander in seasons six and seven of Buffy and (although I like John Glover) I believe that Lionel stands in Lex's way.

If they give Pete's screentime to Chloe and Lionel's to Lex the show would become a lot better, IMHO.

And please - no new characters. The last thing we need is a boyfriend for Lana or any new Kents or Luthors.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Lionel and Pete are the odds on favorites to go. Jonathan is also a possibility. Frankly I don't really care anymore. Smallville has a taken a nosedive in quality this season. It feels like Season 1 all over again. Am I the only one who doesn't give a rat's ass if Clark and Lana ever hook up at this point?

James T

Screenwriter
I like the odds for Clark not coming back...1 000 000:1.

I'm guessing Lionel is gone. This could finally be Lex's true evil turn.

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
I've stopped watching for the last 4 episodes ...why ? because it's gotten retarded lately... As i see the episode descriptions the only thing i think to myself is .."Oh Please"(and change the channel).. With series highlights as "RED" and when Clark and his dad fought it out while Clark was under the influence of red kryptonite .Even going waaaay back to "Rosetta" with Christopher Reeves. This show seems like it can't survive without the "Freak of the week" and i'm sorry but that gets dull and boring real quick...I love the show i just wish it could find its heart beneath the "S" on its chest! Bring back the STORY not some other element of smallvile that was hit by kryptonite. Don't destroy a once good show
before Clark goes on to Metropolis

David C Lin

Stunt Coordinator
I'm surprised to hear some people think the show is not as good as before. I thought the quality of the show is just as good if not better than before. I don't think they need to have a new freak each week. Having some recurring freak over several weeks like the arc with Adam seems to work pretty well.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
There's been a few clunkers this season but what show bats a 100%?
I am surprised people are giving up on the show already.
Getting rid of a few people would up the anti and give more screen time to people that deserve it.
Pete has never been a character that the writers knew how to write for so it might be his time to go.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I'd vote for Lana to go, personally. I don't see the reasoning behind Lionel being ditched, since they just put John Glover in the credits either late last season or this one. Obviously Lex, Clark, Martha, and Lana (dammit!) are going to stay. It's a good bet Chloe will be stay too, unless they're willing to ditch her for the other double-L, unless the hints she's been giving in the episodes about her pseudonym are true.

Most likely Pete'll be removed, although I could see Jonathan dying (as per the movie). JS would probably come back somehow, tho.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
He hinders the process of Lex Luthor becoming LEX LUTHOR, so to speak; as long as Lionel's around, then you can say Lex has some justification for what he does, or you can see him as a tragic figure.

As much as I like the idea at the heart of Smallville, that the ways Superman and Lex use their respective power are influenced by how their parents raised them, eventually both have to be seperate from their fathers and do things on their own.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't mind Pete or Chloe leaving. Both characters have become useless in the past season. I hope they change things up and make kryptonite a RARE substance, and not something everyone has each week. The Kryptonite thing is getting on my nerves more than anything.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Technically, this season has been the best. By technically, I mean imagery and special effects. But the internal logic of the show took a nosedive. In season one, they made a fairly large effort to make things somewhat plausible. (Like having the kids ride the bus instead having a new car each week.) Clark took less chances. The show was more drama than soap opera. Since nixing the "Lex is crazy" plotline, atleast Lex is a cool character again. This season has had a few series highlights: "Pheonix," "Perry," "Relic," Clark in glasses in "Whisper," and the cape scene in "Hereafter." But there was alot of crap in between.

Fortuneately, with the return of Virgil Swan in "Legacy," written by the show's top three writers, some massive flashbacks in "Memoria" (another Gough & Miller ep), and a John Schneider-directed episode called "Talisman" about the Kryptonian caves, it's looking out like it will go out strong.

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
I think Smallvilles season four may be its last. It just keeps on the same tired path. It's either has a Krypton freak of the week. Or tosses in a small turn in the road for CLark or Lex. Personally I think it's time to move Clark out of Smallville and get on with his life!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks